Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC][PLOT] The Third Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals
RE: [OOC][PLOT] The Third Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals
(11-22-2018, 04:59 AM)Labster Wrote: One of the things I've wanted to explore is that Sakura's cards are self-aware.  Mirror is the most obviously so, but all of them are to some degree.  They're actually not causing the event, but reacting to it, through her will to avert a crisis.  The Time is attempting to prevent a time stop effect, but is failing because the problem is in Yggdrasil and it's affecting the entire plane -- there is no available timestream to anchor to, so the spell fizzles.  The Through is sensing the plane shift targeting Sakura and her family, and modifies it to teleport them to a safe place.  This turns out to be the garage directly below Aria House.  My SI will be sure to thank the Goddesses for their excellent targeting this time, which they actually had nothing to do with.

Divining the other branch of fate is foreshadowing, of course, for the no one going home bit, and her original timeline eventually continuing as if nothing had happened.

Oh, I did get all of that - that her cards were more or less trying to tell her what was about to happen and taking action to do something about it - if not stop the event then at least alter things to a more favorable outcome.  Appearing in your garage would certainly have been far more favorable than appearing in the middle of Venice Beach.

Very well done!  Smile

Now if only I can get something going on my end...  :V

Messages In This Thread
RE: [OOC][PLOT] The Third Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals - by Black Aeronaut - 11-24-2018, 01:38 AM