Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC][PLOT] The Third Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals
RE: [OOC][PLOT] The Third Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals
(11-24-2018, 11:49 AM)robkelk Wrote: Since it came up in the Wiki thread...

Hotaru and Setsuna - Sailors Saturn and Pluto - where are they going, and how do they get there?

There was some talk about maybe them ending up in San Antonio, but the other Sailor Senshi are in or near Ottawa.

Room can be made for them in Ottawa; and Rob can convert the last storage room into an apartment given enough notice to get some plumbing in. There's room for them in San Antonio "now".

Hotaru would no doubt be able to make friends with Sasami, and they have a lot in common. Hotaru is already friends with Chibi-Usa, and they have a lot in common.

As to how they appear wherever they're going... I like BA's idea that as soon as Setsuna appeared in the Metacontinuity, she collapsed from having her connection to the Time Gates severed, and Hotaru's been doing her best to look after Setsuna ever since then.

If they're near Ottawa... hmmmmm... oh, of course: the Unseelie have them locked up. Hotaru's been holding them off for a couple of weeks every time they come to cut off somebody's arm or toss Setsuna into the stewpot, but she can't escape without abandoning Setsuna. One of the other prisoners has some ability to futz-up her powers, so Sailor Teleport won't work - besides, where would they go? She's doing her best to keep them all alive, and so far it's worked. They're getting hungry, though...

If they're near San Antonio... BA, any ideas?

Okay, so to get to the issue with Sailors P and S, I'll need to go through, in brief, what I have in mind thus far as it will have knock-on effects later on down the line.

Firstly, FMP: The extraction from Camp Bullis is not going to go completely without a hitch.  They start off by getting the Arbalest out first, then the M9 armslaves... but for some reason, the M6 Bushnell (gas turbine powered American-designed armslave) that Teletha had used in her competition with Mao was present... and they don't have enough pilots or time to get it out of there.

(They briefly consider having Teletha do it, but it's decided that it's too risky.)

So, that gets left behind and the Dept. of Defense suddenly finds themselves in possession of a fully functional mecha that runs just fine on good old JP5 and would be a nightmare for a mechanized platoon to deal with as an opponent.

Needless to say, the government hushes this shit up, but how much you wanna bet its gonna stay hushed once Trump takes office?  Also, they're gonna be keeping an extra-sharp look out for shenanigans of any sort, so we'll be walking on eggshells down here.

Next, Nanoha.

Now, I've been wracking my brains to find a simple solution for how they get ahold of Alicia's stasis chamber, and I think I finally have something that will pass muster under Occam's Razor.

See, I'm gonna borrow a page from Rob's book here, only instead of Winter Solstice (Dec 21), I'm gonna use the Autumn Equinox (Sep 22), and instead of the system all-but completely crashing...  Instead, as is appropriate for the time of year....  Something slips through.

Basically, we transplant the Dramatis Personae of Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha here to San Antonio.  Completely.  (I'm running with the popular idea that Nanoha's family really are an old Ninja clan that has adapted quite well to the modern age, but not quite the Triangle Heart background, as that's a real can of worms and not something we have a lot of info about.)

The Takamachi and Tsukimura families stay cool and adapt.  They find themselves in the quiet and highly affluent City of Olmos Park - an enclave within San Antonio and a place where billionaires call home.  The Midoriya will thrive quite well there.  

However, what's also imported are the Jewel Seeds.

The story of MGLN and MLGN:A's will play out, only with San Antonio as the backdrop, and with all the implications that carries.

As for how Hotaru and Setsuna may figure into it?  Hotaru tries to lie low in the midst of all this, keeping an all-but invalid Setsuna in her care.  (After the first week, Setsuna can get up and move around a bit, but she's a long ways off from being at 100%.)  Hotaru, meanwhile, needs to dodge the highly considerable scrutiny of the US Government, Jewel Seed attacks, and lastly the Wolkenritter as she would be a prime target for them.

So, thoughts?

Messages In This Thread
RE: [OOC][PLOT] The Third Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals - by Black Aeronaut - 11-25-2018, 06:49 AM