Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC][PLOT] The Third Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals
RE: [OOC][PLOT] The Third Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals
(12-27-2018, 06:05 AM)Labster Wrote:
(12-26-2018, 07:52 PM)robkelk Wrote:
(12-26-2018, 06:31 PM)Labster Wrote: I was thinking Ruiko and Sasami would be good, as would Ami.  Are they really age 12?  Kuroko's hormones seem a little strong for that age o_O.  Also who the fuck lets 12 year olds be in a police force?  Every time I look at Academy City it seems like one bad decision after another.

They were in the first year of junior high (except that Mikoto's one year ahead of them and Mii's in senior high), so "12" is the most reasonable guess.

And, yes, Academy City is not what I would call well-run. I think we have a trope for it... ah, yes, here it is.
You're mistaking my intellectual outrage for moral outrage, though.  It's not that the world is terrible even if it is, it's that granting the right to use force to hormone-riddled teenagers against their peers sounds like a recipe for disaster.  Like, I would be surprised if the place doesn't blow up every week.  Most societies have decided that they can't handle the right to vote, but somehow violence is okay?  Like, what?
Oh, it gets worse. The city-wide sports festival, for example: schools with large numbers of espers are allowed to field small teams, schools with no espers are encouraged to field large teams, and the teams are sent up against each other.

The espers are, oh so quietly, being taught to use their powers on and against normal people - either one-on-one or few-on-many. Aleister is subtly turning them into child soldiers, all for the defense of Academy City.

And the Level 5 espers aren't ranked by raw power; they're ranked by how useful they are to Academy City.

Has your intellectual outrage turned into moral outrage yet?

(12-27-2018, 06:05 AM)Labster Wrote:
(12-26-2018, 07:52 PM)robkelk Wrote: Oh, yes: since I was beginning to lose track, I started a list of who's wearing what to the Halloween party. Feel free to add to it.
I seem to notice that you've lent me all the characters for which you didn't choose a costume.
More "haven't yet chosen a costume", actually. I'm working on it. I've already added to the list.

(12-27-2018, 06:05 AM)Labster Wrote: Chibi-Usa would make a pretty good Chiyo-chan, but the irony is that none of my cast actually has a copy of their school uniforms with them. (Possibly Tomoyo has one of Sakura's in the limo, for reference, and definitely not for embracing or smelling or anything like that >.> But I doubt it.)

The Aria Company's costumes all sort of fell into place, once I started with Alicia. Tomo, Yomi, and President Aria's costumes are all plot relevant and locked-in, but the others can still take suggestions.

I was thinking of a particular classic character for Chibi-Usa, but I've realized that Sakura would be able to pull her off even more convincingly (because she has The Fly): Kiki, from Kiki's Delivery Service. (Also, Sakura would be so cute with a bow in her hair.) And Kerberos can be Jiji.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown

Messages In This Thread
RE: [OOC][PLOT] The Third Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals - by robkelk - 12-27-2018, 11:16 AM