Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC][PLOT] The Third Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals
RE: [OOC][PLOT] The Third Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals
In Ravjik's farewell message, he kinda brings up a good point -- the people he picked are not going to be all that happy about the political direction of the setting.

Some of our characters are more in the conservative camp. I think Haruka and Michiru are, and most of the cast of Firefly would be (except possibly Inara and Shepard Book (sometimes)). The crew of Serenity is going to be as unhappy with the Federation or the Moon Kingdom or Jurai as they were with the Alliance. Evangelion -- I don't even know where they are. The residents of my own house are mostly in the politically apathetic column, with a few exceptions.

If we're going to create a real postmodern setting, it needs to have a decent amount of disagreement. I think Arc 1 is something of a honeymoon period -- things will get weirder as we go on. We'll need people to disagree with the direction of things that aren't antagonists. The degree to which we're taking things in a monarchical direction should be concerning to quite a few people.

On your plan though, I'm okay with you taking on more residents.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto

Messages In This Thread
RE: [OOC][PLOT] The Third Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals - by Labster - 01-03-2019, 04:49 AM