Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC][PLOT] The Third Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals
RE: [OOC][PLOT] The Third Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals
That's actually kinda hilarious because the Alliance is associated with the Republican Party by design.  The Republican Party of the 1860s to 1880s, of course.  It's actually kinda nice that we get Western fiction that isn't about Cowboys versus Indians these days.  In the Old West, there were a lot of problems that originated from the Civil War, the primary one being too many people trained to kill combined with a healthy dose of PTSDs.  And a lot of former Confederates got the short end of the stick in the Reconstruction era, both from government and from other veterans.  But, as Basil Fawlty would say, "They started it when they attacked Fort Sumter."

I was tempted to have a storyline of Tomo supporting Trump and getting the MAGA hat and all, just to annoy the people around her.  Come November, "What?  I didn't think he'd actually win!"  I've rejected the idea though, first because they're all too busy to worry about politics, second because it possibly crosses one of Tomo's lines for out-of-bounds topics, and third because the bit would get stale after the first day, and therefore she would reject it.

But in the long run of our story, the current state of American politics is going to blown up by crises, the likes of which we haven't seen in the past two years of real history.

I noticed that in Bob's place, Rayearth peeps are listed as being around, and maybe even coming to the party?  Two notes -- maybe we want to trim who's going to be at the party, as we're nearing Eyrie territory where the cast list is over 200 lines.  Maybe they could just enter the story later?

The other note is that Clef's bestow magic spell is kind of a big deal, and might change a lot of things.  Would it work on everyone?  Would it work on Tomoyo?  Or Brent?  Or is it just kind of a shortcut that unlocks innate magic that could have been developed anyway.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto

Messages In This Thread
RE: [OOC][PLOT] The Third Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals - by Labster - 01-04-2019, 03:33 AM