Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC][PLOT] The Third Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals
RE: [OOC][PLOT] The Third Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals
You know, I actually rewatched Nadesico with the intent of bringing them into my story, because hey, more Martians.  And, nope.  It's not happening, because I had trouble connecting to the characters as an author.  It's fun enough to watch, but ultimately it's a show about the plot more than the characters.  Ruri, Inez, Yurika and Akito are strong enough characters, but outside of their story's context, what are they like as people?  So I'm down to the first two of that list; they will be the same wherever they are.  (As we were talking about the H-sense above, Inez has "exposition"-sense.  "Did someone say "setsumei?")

Actually, I was talking about this lovely lady.  Invents stuff 50 years ahead of her time, check.  Understands Atlantean technology, check.  Manages to steal the show that is named after a different character, check.

So the question Myuuzu-chan asked me really means, can you make a crossover between Fushigi no Umi no Nadia and Stargate?  By the way, as far as I can tell, the only crossover English language that includes both sources is Undocumented Features.  And for Stargate, just barely.  Both of these stories have a spacefaring Atlantis, so why hasn't this happened yet?

The circus reference was that Nadia is a circus performer, and if I'm adding the Kaleido Stage, that's kind of an obvious place for her to show up.  Really, if you haven't seen Nadia, do check it out.   It's Hideaki Anno before he went nuts, so it's pretty good (excepting the filler arc, of course).
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto

Messages In This Thread
RE: [OOC][PLOT] The Third Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals - by Labster - 01-19-2019, 04:38 AM