Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC][PLOT] The Third Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals
RE: [OOC][PLOT] The Third Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals
(03-08-2019, 10:37 PM)Labster Wrote:
Quote: "That's really pedantic, Aika-sempai," muttered Alice.
And speaking of pedantry... I doubt either Aika or Alice know the Japanese language.  If they're from a world like reality, then they know the local Italian and English, because they work in tourism.  Both of them have English derived surnames, too.  And from printed material we saw on-screen, we know Italian or Veneto is the dominant language of Neo Venezia.  You could make a case that Aika is haafu, because her name has a Japanese spelling.   But unless someone convinces me otherwise, what we saw in the anime was a Japanese dub on an Italian reality.

Good point. As a counter-point, Aika calls Alice "kohai" more than she calls her "Alice", so I'm thinking they're saying something that refers to the sempai-kohai relationship, no matter which language they're saying it in. We just need to figure out what they're saying.

(03-08-2019, 10:37 PM)Labster Wrote:
Quote:Sakura and Shaoran spoke in unison. "There is no such thing as coincidence. There is only necessity."
Kids, you're not in Tsubasa lol.

My original plan was to have Sakura, Tomoyo, and Mira say the line in unison, and Ben outright saying he was creeped out by that. (And, later at the party, the Norns admitting they were channeling through the people dressed like them to give everybody a hint.)

But I decided, no, having the two who'd actually heard the line from Touya and/or Kaho repeat it was a good enough hint. The megami don't need (or have time) to micromanage the displacees and managers.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown

Messages In This Thread
RE: [OOC][PLOT] The Third Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals - by robkelk - 03-09-2019, 10:03 AM