Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC][PLOT] The Third Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals
RE: [OOC][PLOT] The Third Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals
Rob noticed one of his boarders heading towards Ben and Fate (and Nanoha), and moved fast. "Could I have a moment, Usagi?"

"Can it wait, Rob-san? Ben looks so sad, and I need to help."

"It's because you want to help that it can't wait. Ben needs to do this on his own."

Usagi looked puzzled. "I don't understand."

Rob smiled kindly. "No. You wouldn't have any reason to understand. You and I come from happy homes, with parents and siblings who we love and who love us. Ben ... it's his story to tell, but his childhood wasn't that happy. And Fate..."

"What about Fate?"

"Fate ... she lived through a family life that would anger even you. Ben and Fate share something that we will never know first-hand. There will be time for our gifts of compassion later, Usagi. Right now, they need to talk on their own without us privileged people swooping in to help."

"But... I can't just leave them to their pain."

"I don't want you to leave them to their pain. Right now, they're sharing their pain. Shared pain is lessened, shared joy is increased."

"That's so profound."

Rob grinned for a moment. "I got that from the regulars at a bar." Then he sighed. "We can share joy later."

"If you're sure..."

"I'm sure."

"But I want to help now."

"Sometimes all we can do is sit and wait. That's something Nanoha and I have in common."
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown

Messages In This Thread
RE: [OOC][PLOT] The Third Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals - by robkelk - 03-14-2019, 07:33 AM