Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC][PLOT] The Third Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals
RE: [OOC][PLOT] The Third Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals
No, it's understandable.  Being in such a position of powerlessness is very difficult for many people to imagine.  That shit is scary and I don't wish it on anyone.

I think the main thing to keep in mind is that the reason trying to 'put a silver lining' on something doesn't really fix things.  I know I've said it a bunch of other times, but it rings true here as well: It doesn't matter how thin you slice it, it's still gonna be bologna.  It's trite, cheap, and false.  You can say the most amazing, incredibly positive take away about a situation...  But it doesn't change anything.  The circumstances still apply, and they do so with finely barbed hooks and razor-sharp wire tugging at your heart.

I suspect the only way you can come close is having a hobby or an interest that very VERY few people share, and if they do, they seldom talk about it.  And then finally you meet someone who shares that same interest and suddenly hours have gone by...  Yeah, it's that feeling of catharsis.  That, OMG they REALLY GET ME! moment.

And that's pretty much what happened between Benjamin and Fate.  Only rather than joy and catharsis.... it's heartbreak and catharsis, which is quite possibly an even more potent combination.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [OOC][PLOT] The Third Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals - by Black Aeronaut - 03-15-2019, 08:45 AM