Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RWBY Volume 6
RWBY Volume 6
Rooster Teeth has sent out links to the trailer in email today.  I've just watched it.  Wow.  And four hours ago they posted it on YouTube, so here:

-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
RE: RWBY Volume 6
Those are some mighty fine looking CGI trees right there.  Durkon would be frightened.  I kinda wish that they'd go back to volume 1 and spruce it up a little.  Or make some of the shadow people look more real.

Who's the kid with the weird glasses, and what is all of that white stuff on the ground?  Looks like RWBY on the Orient Express out there.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
And a few more things, to celebrate the release of the first episode of volume 6 today:

-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
Episode 1 is freaking fantastic. Blake needs hugs. Ilia has new outfit and is cuter than ever. Sun is Best Bro. And the train fight is fantastic.
Episode 3 is out today. OOF. Revelations, backstory, heartwarming and eventual heartbreak. This episode has details that Monty put together back before Volume 1 came out, and the modern CRWBY knocked it out of the park.
So it looks like RWBY is no longer posted on YouTube. They should really rename RoosterTeeth FIRST to RoosterTeeth ONLY. Looks like we can still watch for free over there though, just one week older which, uh, from the comments looks like Ep 3 is a humdinger to wait for or pay for.
(11-12-2018, 03:36 AM)Labster Wrote: So it looks like RWBY is no longer posted on YouTube.  They should really rename RoosterTeeth FIRST to RoosterTeeth ONLY.  Looks like we can still watch for free over there though, just one week older which, uh, from the comments looks like Ep 3 is a humdinger to wait for or pay for.

It'll probably show up once the entire season is out. Maybe. At this point, Youtube is actually more of a problem than it's worth, between automated false copyright claims by the dozen, their shows being automatically flagged as offensive content, the fact that uploading a twenty minute video can take, depending on Youtubes mood, up to a day, only to be corrupted and not work, or glitch and put itself behind a paywall (With the money going to those false copyright claims I mentioned earlier)...

In short, Youtube is a giant pile of Dicks and RT took the sane option of their own servers.
Well, even if it's not on youtube, I can at least link the eps on Roosterteeth's website

Episode 1
https://roosterteeth.com/episode/rwby-volume-6-1

Episode 2
https://roosterteeth.com/episode/rwby-volume-6-2
I just saw episode 3 last night, by the way, and it is a major Wham! episode. Several/many longstanding questions get amswered -- and more get posed.
-- Bob

Not surprised, the last line of episode 2 gave me a record scratch moment.
[Image: JFRa7EC.gif]
The latest Ep made me want to hug Salem. I've wanted to hug Ozpin for a while, now even more so.
Episode 3
https://roosterteeth.com/episode/rwby-volume-6-3

and an AMV (but it uses  a bunch of imagery from episode 3, so I'm spoilering it for those who haven't seen it yet)
Bob Schroeck Wrote:I just saw episode 3 last night, by the way, and it is a major Wham! episode. Several/many longstanding questions get amswered -- and more get posed.

Questions answered by ep 6-3:
Why is the planet called Remnant?
What are all the relics?
What is Salem's deal, anyway?
What is Ozpin's deal, anyway?
What created the grimm?
What exploded the moon?
If the moon exploded like that, wouldn't a few chunks would hit Remnant, and that would be bad? (answer: yes)
Where does magic come from?
Who created the four maidens?

Questions not answered:
What's the deal with gray eyes, anyway?
What is dust, really?
Where do faunuses come from?
What is Salem's current goal?
What's a semblance, and how is it not-magic?
What event caused everyone to be named after colors?

New questions:
What even is the victory condition now?
So what do the other relics do, and who has them?
When will the shippers start working on that newly revealed couple? Wink
(11-18-2018, 03:02 AM)Labster Wrote: Questions not answered:

Wasn't that answered in a season 2 episode? (IIRC, there was a war, the aggressors had a thing for monochrome, and naming children after colors was an act of defiance that stuck even after the end of the war.)
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
(11-18-2018, 11:29 AM)robkelk Wrote:
(11-18-2018, 03:02 AM)Labster Wrote: Questions not answered:

Wasn't that answered in a season 2 episode? (IIRC, there was a war, the aggressors had a thing for monochrome, and naming children after colors was an act of defiance that stuck even after the end of the war.)

I think so, but I also seem to recall it was a World of Remnant episode, and not everybody necessarily watches those, so it's an easy miss. (There really are no stupid questions -- just ignorant and/or irrelevant ones.)
"There was a war" is kind of a gloss over an important event.  That's the extent of what I remember too, which is pretty little in terms of worldbuilding.  Wars are wounds on the psyche of culture -- we know what the treatment was, but we don't know what cause inflicted the damage.  I guess I'll go watch and see if had more detail.
IIRC the aggressors more had a thing for authoritarianism rule, and forbidding colours was one of the ways they tried to break the people's spirit.
I don't remember which episode, but it was before the end of V3, and Ozpin gave a speech which mentioned the color theming as an explicit act of resistance and solidarity. We still don't know who the other side was, though.

Quote:What is dust, really?
The folks on RWBY Rewind (if you haven't watched it, it's a commentary show hosted by three Rooster Teeth employees who are forbidden to know anything about the plot until they see it with the rest of the world) came up with (spoilered because it reveals one of the wham! moments of the episode)
-- Bob

Episode 4
https://roosterteeth.com/episode/rwby-volume-6-4
A comic strip inspired by Vol 6 ep 3 Tongue
https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/orig...85/7db.png
And here's a little something special. From Jen Brown's Patreon, Jen and Miles Luna singing "You Are My Sunshine" in character as Pyrrha and Jaune.
-- Bob

And since episode 4 has been available to all for most of a week now, a bit of humor (spoilered for those who still haven't seen it):

-- Bob

episode 5
https://roosterteeth.com/episode/rwby-volume-6-5

Edit: and an AMV
Those of you that have not got FIRST, and have only watched episode 5, no doubt have theories about just what happened to the people of Brunswick Farm, and the threat clearly awaiting our heroes.

Don't Panic.

It's far worse than that O_O
Actually the episode description for 6 that they display right below the video of 5 kind of spoiled the surprise.