Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seventh Heaven for Video Madness
RE: Seventh Heaven for Video Madness
Not anything new, no.

Far from it, in fact.

But it is a wonderful gem from the past - something that needs to be shared with the new generation.

That first one... that's a virtuoso recreation of dozens of animation styles.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....

EDIT:
Here's what a Super Mario 64 zero-Star speedrun would look like from an in-universe perspective:

Heee.

First Video...
"Heh-heh-heh-heh-hehhh..."

Second Video...
"Ooooh boy. OOOOH BOY. .... Whew. That's more like it.... ..... ....It's nice to know they're up there together now."
Video 
From Rammstein...

Wat

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....

The Cybertronic Spree are apearantly a decent Coverband who perform in Transformers G1 cosplay
I think we've had a couple of their videos posted here a few years ago, because I know I've seen them before.
-- Bob

-- Bob

Something uniquely Irish.

And something lovecraftian

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.
My system is refusing to link to Youtube due to 'security violation' 8(
EDIT: never mind, working again

A funny little clip from Imgur
https://i.imgur.com/kwe4njT.mp4

And now for something educational.

No.  REALLY educational.

Ever wonder what exactly goes on inside a manual transmission?  Or how exactly gear synchros work or why they're so important?

This video explains everything, and in just a few minutes.

O.O

Things I never knew I never knew BA
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to rock the sky?
Thats' every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry!
NO QUARTER!

No Quarter by Echo's Children
I hadn't heard of Emma Stevens before today. It looks like she's still in high school. EDIT: Yes, and she's only 16.

What a gorgeous voice she has.

--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
Quote:What a gorgeous voice she has.

Oh, yes. What language is she singing "Blackbird" (and parts of the other) in? Inuktitut?
-- Bob

(05-01-2019, 08:19 PM)Bob Schroeck Wrote:

Oh, yes.  What language is she singing "Blackbird" (and parts of the other) in?  Inuktitut?

Miꞌkmaq. She's from Cape Breton, in Nova Scotia.

Ms. Stevens was interviewed on As It Happens today. She doesn't have anything else available yet, but she wants to release more music.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown

some interesting prothstetics here.
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/FoolishAptGrackle-mobile.mp4
(05-01-2019, 08:44 PM)robkelk Wrote:
(05-01-2019, 08:19 PM)Bob Schroeck Wrote:

Oh, yes.  What language is she singing "Blackbird" (and parts of the other) in?  Inuktitut?

Miꞌkmaq. She's from Cape Breton, in Nova Scotia.

Ms. Stevens was interviewed on As It Happens today. She doesn't have anything else available yet, but she wants to release more music.

And here's an article about the interview, with photos of Ms. Stevens and a discussion about translating when the destination language never had particular words or concepts.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown