Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why the US Can't Fix Big Problems
RE: Why the US Can't Fix Big Problems
(11-29-2018, 03:05 AM)Labster Wrote: Anyway, I found this article more interesting, as it argues that the center of both liberal and conservative thought is in California, and that all of this angst comes from Conservatives who really are besieged by people who disagree with them completely.  And this was before the last election -- now only 9 of California's 53 congresscritters are Republican, as the Dems won every single seat they targeted this year in the state.  The counties containing the Reagan and Nixon Libraries are now represented entirely by Democrats at the national level.

Interesting indeed, and it answers my question about why conservatives are so obsessed with California, specially about splitting the state. It gives me the impression that we are dealing with a cult more than a political movement.
“We can never undo what we have done. We can never go back in time. We write history with our decisions and our actions. But we also write history with our responses to those actions. We can leave the pain and the damage in our wake, unattended, or we can do the work of acknowledging and fixing, to whatever extent possible, the harm that we have caused.”

— On Repentance and Repair: Making Amends in an Unapologetic World by Danya Ruttenberg

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why the US Can't Fix Big Problems - by hazard - 11-29-2018, 12:36 AM
RE: Why the US Can't Fix Big Problems - by SilverFang01 - 11-29-2018, 10:07 AM