Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grotesque, Unbelieveable, Bizarre and Unprecendented
Grotesque, Unbelieveable, Bizarre and Unprecendented
Calm restored in Strokestowwn

So, to summarise:

A man who was a serial delinquent debtor. He was a financial clusterfuck. It takes a lot of fucking around to get a Judge to grant a posession order against you. 
A bank that hired an unlicensed goon squad of gammon to enforce a court order rather than actually follow the usual proceedure.
An unlicensed goon-squad of gammon that went in like they were dealing with a bunch of terrorists, eager to crack skulls. 
A bunch of actual terrorists who showed up to kick the utter shit out of them. This was far more organised than a bunch of farmers - most Irish farmers couldn't organised 2nd gear in a 2 speed box. 

The blueshirts in Government are siding with the bank. The bank are acting like they did nothing wrong by hiring fomer British soldiers to turf a family out of a home in Roscommon. Sinn Fein are siding with the debtor - which they would since it was likely 'their friends' involved in the beatdown. Or as the 'Teesh' said, they're letting the balaclava slip.

And nobody knows who to fucking sympathise with. You just have a shower of cunts everywhere. KBC are already being called the Bank of You Vee Eff and are probably done as a business. They've used the goons before. You have a certain cultural resultance to turf people out of their homes. Hiring the British to do it is like hiring a bunch of lads from Alabama to run eviction squads in Harlem - there's a historical context there that makes it a bad idea. You have vigilante justice that was a bit of a slap as far as vigilantism normally goes - the gammon are lucky they're not in a bog somewhere.  

You have a situation that truly, and totally qualifies for the GUBU moniker.

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.
RE: Grotesque, Unbelieveable, Bizarre and Unprecendented
I know who to sympathise with.

The poor buggers who have to untangle the mess.

Frankly? My reaction would be to let the debtor return to their home, just because a possession order was granted doesn't mean the correct channels were used to execute it, and those need to be followed before the eviction can go through. I understand the police's reaction of forcing it through anyway though; it help deescalate by simple expedient of the family no longer living there.

Of course, with that said the proper reaction is to charge the goon squad for their actions and figure out which terrorist cell needs be squashed. And then follow that up for as far as possible.