Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
US Defence Secretary Jim Mattis resigns
US Defence Secretary Jim Mattis resigns
It seems this was the result of the omnishambles combined with a catastrofuck that President Dumbbell just made in the Middle East, with the Kurds getting the shaft.

Quote:In his resignation letter, Gen Mattis described his views on "treating allies with respect" and using "all the tools of American power to provide for the common defence".
"Because you have the right to have a secretary of defence whose views are better aligned with yours on these and other subjects, I believe it is right for me to step down," Gen Mattis wrote.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-46640114
“We can never undo what we have done. We can never go back in time. We write history with our decisions and our actions. But we also write history with our responses to those actions. We can leave the pain and the damage in our wake, unattended, or we can do the work of acknowledging and fixing, to whatever extent possible, the harm that we have caused.”

— On Repentance and Repair: Making Amends in an Unapologetic World by Danya Ruttenberg
RE: US Defence Secretary Jim Mattis resigns
One less adult in the room, that's all we bloody need. Still, I have to respect him for sticking it out for this long.
--
‎noli esse culus