Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC][Brainstorming] Intelligent Devices for non-"Lyrical Nanoha" mages
RE: [OOC][Brainstorming] Intelligent Devices for non-"Lyrical Nanoha" mages
(01-14-2019, 03:53 AM)Labster Wrote: Todai is pretty interesting.  Within Japan, it's considered on par with how we consider Harvard or Oxford in the English-speaking world.  Random facts I did not know from the wikipedia page:
* The lower division is a separate campus one attends for two years, which essentially makes it Japan's most prestigious junior college.
* More grads than undergrads -- kinda like Harvard
* Size is only 28k students, which seems kinda small when you went to a UC school :/

If anybody who has appeared in the stories is qualified to attend Todai, it's Ami. And Skuld, of course, but I see her attending Nekomi Tech (Chihiro, Keiichi, Megumi, and Sora's school) instead if she bothers to attend a mortal school.

(01-14-2019, 03:53 AM)Labster Wrote: @Rob all those math problems do is remind me how much I hate pure mathematics.  I can do them all except the Fermat's little theorem one.  I was never taught modular arithmetic in school -- but I do use it a bit for work.  I worry about making making our magic too mathy, otherwise we'll get Donald Duck kicking butt straight out of Mathmagic Land.  (Yet another temptation to put Stella Anatium somewhere up there in the galaxy.)

Yeah - I used to think I had a talent for math, but what I really had a talent for is arithmetic. (Hey, somebody has to do it.) All of those problems went over my head, although I can puzzle out the provided answers.

(Interestingly, when I put "Stella Anatium" into DuckDuckGo, the first result that came up was the "Watsonian Versus Doylist" page on All The Tropes. I think this is a sign.)
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown

Messages In This Thread
RE: [OOC][Brainstorming] Intelligent Devices for non-"Lyrical Nanoha" mages - by robkelk - 01-14-2019, 08:22 PM