Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC][Brainstorming] Intelligent Devices for non-"Lyrical Nanoha" mages
RE: [OOC][Brainstorming] Intelligent Devices for non-"Lyrical Nanoha" mages
(01-16-2019, 04:54 PM)Labster Wrote: So uh, Magica is Italian.  I know you're thinking of her accent from DuckTales, which is more um, Pottsylvanian.  I guess I should watch the new DuckTales; Magica's new voice only sounds English because the TARDIS is translating it from Italian.

Getting back to this now that I've had a chance to research a bit more.

I only ever saw her in the original run of the DuckTales cartoon series where there was never any real background given on her - just that her brother had been turned into a raven and that she uses an Eastern European accent of indeterminate origin.  To my knowledge, there was never even any mention of a lair on Mt Vesuvius or anything else that might indicate Italian heritage in the cartoon.

I never had any time or resources to actively pursue the comics - chalk it up to life just treating me like shit so much that I never got to do things 'Normal' people do, like actually be able to buy fun things like comics.  (I did every great once in a while, but I reserved that for things that had the highest levels of my interest, such as the Cassandra Cain Batgirl.)

So yeah, in my head, Magica has always been Eastern European - probably Romani if I were to seriously go with that characterization and flesh out her background.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [OOC][Brainstorming] Intelligent Devices for non-"Lyrical Nanoha" mages - by Black Aeronaut - 02-08-2019, 02:50 AM