Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC][Brainstorming] Intelligent Devices for non-"Lyrical Nanoha" mages
RE: [OOC][Brainstorming] Intelligent Devices for non-"Lyrical Nanoha" mages
(10-30-2021, 07:44 AM)robkelk Wrote:
(10-30-2021, 02:28 AM)Black Aeronaut Wrote:
(10-28-2021, 03:51 PM)robkelk Wrote: Getting back to this...

With Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid in the setting to help with the magic, Reinforce Taiga should be coming online a lot earlier than we expected. So at least some of the Senshi should be getting their Unison Devices before the Academy City Job. This moves one story that I had pencilled in for Arc 2 up to Arc 1... not that that's a problem.

Wait.  How soon are we talking here?  Because I thought we had Taiga pegged as being Hayate's Valentine's Day Gift to Benjamin.

Although if we look at it strictly from the standpoint of a more easily implemented OS for Unison Devices (maybe called it ReIn-OS 2.0), then I can see that getting done in a very quick and timely manner.  Especially if we have Hayate taking to the new programming language like a fish to water.

Yes, exactly. Even allowing for six months of debugging ReIn-OS 2.0 and installing ReIn-OS 2.1 in Guardian Jupiter, that still puts Guardian Jupiter's appearance before The Academy City Job.

Bwa?

*Goes to check the Wiki*

Ahhh, okay.  This was the first time I'd heard about Guardian Jupiter, so it kinda confused me.  (Forgive me if you had mentioned it to me before.  I honestly can't remember when or where it came up because of life happening.)

Also...

Quote:Reinforce Zwei, now known as Reinforce Taiga, comes online on or around February 14, 2017. Give Piffle three months for beta-testing the Metacontinuity tech, debugging the gender-bender issue, and building a second test model, and Guardian Jupiter comes online somewhere around the Victoria Day long weekend. (checks calendar) Victoria Day is May 22 in 2017; since the bakery where Makoto works is closed Mondays, that's an excellent day for Guardian Jupiter to be born. --Robkelk (talk) 20:47, 28 October 2021 (UTC)

Minor nitpick: I apologize if I never said anything about it, but Zwei, as she is seen in StrikerS, will be developed by Hayate in TNB.  The confusion, I think, was from me referring to Ben's unison device as Reinforce 2.1 - this was before I had the idea about an Aisaka Taiga unison device.

That said, I feel that Reinforce Zwei and Reinforce Taiga would be concurrent developments.  If it helps, think of them as the infomorph version of fraternal twins - two unique designs, but developed at the same time and in the same lab.  I could easily see Taiga seeing Zwei as her own "Minorin" - her close friend (sister?) who is always cheerful, upbeat, a serious go-getter, and very perceptive despite seeming like a bit of an airhead at times.  (Maybe less airheaded than Minori Kushieda was, but Zwei has her moments.)

As for what purpose Zwei would serve?  She'd be something of an adjunct to Eins - as Shamal is to the rest of the Wolkenritter, Zwei would be to Eins.  And it fits, too, as Zwei is shown to excel at coordination and collating information in the battle field as well as performing magical healing.

Outside the field of battle, Eins will serve as the Tome of Night Sky's curator (that is, determining what spells will be most useful to Hayate based on Hayate's interests and directives) while Zwei will perform the actual Librarian functions of keeping everything organized.

Fun idea: On the side, Eins will also maintain a record of Hayate's favorite recipes and will often be seen talking with Kino Makoto, Masaki Sasami, and (when she has a moment to spare) Morisato Belldandy about recipes they've discovered and how to make them better.

As for the gender bending "bug"?

"Oh, it was absolutely unexpected.  In that way, it certainly was a bug.  That said, though, it's usefulness cannot be denied, either.  So we're looking to keep it as a feature.  We just need to optimize the code to make the transition happen more smoothly and without the need of an adrenaline surge."

Messages In This Thread
RE: [OOC][Brainstorming] Intelligent Devices for non-"Lyrical Nanoha" mages - by Black Aeronaut - 10-30-2021, 10:07 AM