Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yet another reason to not use Chrome
RE: Yet another reason to not use Chrome
(01-24-2019, 08:18 PM)Labster Wrote:
(01-23-2019, 08:11 PM)JFerio Wrote: Well, I do use Firefox as my "daily" (read: primary) driver, but anyone got a secondary "not Chromium" recommendation for me? I would like to maintain another browser for things like logins (sometimes I need a second account on sites like DeviantArt). I've been using Chrome for that, but I also run all the sorts of extensions that they're basically now saying they're going to deliberately break, and I can't deal with that from the security perspective.

I'm running FirefoxDeveloperEdition right now too.  And, uh, Chrome, but that's only for work things where my FF code doesn't work in Chrome. 

This has actually been a big reason I've still been using Chrome on the side... there's a (small) number of websites that don't (want to) work correctly in Firefox, even if I disable all the blocking stuff.

I should recheck Wordpress, at the very least, that was a bit of a biggie when the watch feed stopped loading correctly. Edit: Nope, still not working in Firefox. Pale Moon has no issues, though. That's starting to point strongly towards "don't WANT to work in Firefox".
"You know how parents tell you everything's going to fine, but you know they're lying to make you feel better? Everything's going to be fine." - The Doctor

Messages In This Thread
Yet another reason to not use Chrome - by robkelk - 01-23-2019, 08:23 AM
RE: Yet another reason to not use Chrome - by LynnInDenver - 01-25-2019, 07:50 AM