Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teaser for Chapter Three
Teaser for Chapter Three
*Once is a favor,* Chris thought darkly as he brought his bokuto up into ready position. *Twice is approaching a habit.* "One of these days I need to find out why a smile and 'please' from Belldandy completely deprives me of my will to resist," he muttered under his breath."Huh?" Doug asked from where he stood, a few meters away, his posture relaxed and his bokuto still thrust through his belt. "What was that you said?" Overhead, an enormous flock of large black birds wheeled and whirled before coming to rest in one of the trees just outside the outer fence."Nothing," Chris grunted. "Okay, take your starting position." He narrowed his eyes as he felt a prickling between his shoulder blades, like someone was watching him.Doug slid into stance, drew his bokuto and held it at the ready."Right. Now what?""Okay, today we're going to take..." Chris stopped cold as a sudden, belated realization struck. *Black birds?*Doug blinked in surprise as Chris halted mid-sentence and gazed around the yard of the temple until his eyes rested on the birds perched in their tree. Then with a muttered curse, he stalked towards the flock and scowled up at them."*What?*" Chris demanded.
The chapter's only about 2/3 done at this point, but we didn't want to leave you guys completely hanging. So... a scrap thrown your way.
Progress is good, and we hope to keep it that way. I'd've preferred to have released at or before the 1-year anniversary of the last chapter, but the muse did not cooperate with either us, plus Chris had this piddling little life-commitment ritual-thing that distracted him a bit...
Anyway, this is a promise of more to come. Enjoy.
-- Bob
---------
...The President is on the line
As ninety-nine crab rangoons go by...
Re: Teaser for Chapter Three
Ahh, looks like I wasn't the only one who was busy all night long. Wink
Black Aeronaut Technologies Group, LLC
Aerospace Solutions for the discerning spacer
"To the commissary we should go," Yoda declared firmly. "News
of this kind a danish requires."

That's...surreal. o_o
Yeah, I can't wait to see what that's about.
-- Acyl
Likewise. I know of gods who might send one or two black birds (depending on the deity), but for the life of me, I can't figure out who'd send a flock...

-Rob Kelk
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Quote:
Likewise. I know of gods who might send one or two black birds (depending on the deity), but for the life of me, I can't figure out who'd send a flock...
How do you know that only one god is sending the birds?
Black birds, such as Ravens and Crows, are often as not used as scouts and messengers.
The problem we are seeing here is that gods and goddesses do not often talk to each other to share plans and coordinate observation efforts.
Most likely, someone let slip that a sparring match was about to happen between a "Traveler" and the Brother of Fates, and now every one wants to watch.
--
(wub wub wub)
hmm
Mars, Ares, Odin, and Morrigan, account for six to eight of the ravens. One could actually be Raven. [as in the Pacific Northwest Trickster]
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll
Re: hmm
Sauron accounts for most of the rest. ^.^
--Sam
"One pig to rule them all, one pig to find them..."
Quote:
Sauron accounts for most of the rest. ^.^
Except that Sauron is a fictional deity, as opposed to a mythological one.Ebony the Black Dragon
Senior Editor, Living Room Games
http://www.lrgames.com
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."
Could it be possible that Coyote is one of them also? I know he's a trickster as well and was well known for associating with Raven.

(140 /2)*3...
Yup. When we get to 210, PRINT! *Rimshot*"I was an Otaku before those kids came along and changed the meaning of the word."
-- HM "Howling Mad" Wilson to more than one team-mate.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children
*blinks* Uh, I don't get the joke, SR.

Nor do I, actually.
-- Bob
---------
hm
Appears to be a comment on the length of chapter 3 you have posted at the top of the fora.
Since you said 2/3 done and the kB rating was 140, he multiplied by 3/2 to get the length of the hypothetical finished chapter 3.
Also, it almost seemed like a joke in BASIC...

--Foxboy
C/dos: C/dos/run
run dos/run
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll
Re: hm

-- Bob
---------
Foxboy is right...
*hangs head in shame at realising his sense of humor no longer runs congruent to most others.*"I was an Otaku before those kids came along and changed the meaning of the word."
-- HM "Howling Mad" Wilson to more than one team-mate.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children
Bleh.

there's also a stocks joke in there, struggling to get out...
(when it reaches 50, sell)-Z, Post-reader at Medium
----
If architects built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization.
-Z, Post-reader at Medium
----
If architects built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization.