Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roger Stone indicted and arrested
Roger Stone indicted and arrested
He was indicted yesterday for, among other things, obstruction of justice and witness tampering, and was arrested at his home in Florida this morning by the FBI.

CNN story here.

Associated Press story, via MSN, here.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
RE: Roger Stone indicted and arrested
The indictment (PDF)
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
The noose is tightening. An explainer for the indictment is here: https://www.vox.com/2019/1/25/17314972/r...ed-mueller
“We can never undo what we have done. We can never go back in time. We write history with our decisions and our actions. But we also write history with our responses to those actions. We can leave the pain and the damage in our wake, unattended, or we can do the work of acknowledging and fixing, to whatever extent possible, the harm that we have caused.”

— On Repentance and Repair: Making Amends in an Unapologetic World by Danya Ruttenberg
Well, that was pretty much inevitable.
(01-25-2019, 09:55 AM)hazard Wrote: Well, that was pretty much inevitable.

What, that the whole thing is bullshit?
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/cortneyobr...e-n2540258

"Person 1" of the indictment is currently on Hannity and telling how big a steaming pile this really is. Add to that still nothing even close to their so called "collusion"
Wolf wins every fight but the one where he dies, fangs locked around the throat of his opponent. 
Currently writing BROBd

I posted a link to the actual indictment for a reason. I suggest people actually read it - and pay close attention to paragraph 12 (on page 4) - rather than listen to the spin doctors and pundits.

Why paragraph 12? It uses passive voice, which is extremely rare in legal documents. By using passive voice, this paragraph is highlighted. Now, tell me: who had the authority to direct "a senior Trump Campaign official" to do something?
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Another senior Trump campaign official, which includes the candidate, or those who hold the direct confidence of a senior Trump campaign official.
And of course, only Fox News isn't falling foir the obvious deception...

[Image: bwCfBW6.png]

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.
(01-26-2019, 12:52 PM)Dartz Wrote: And of course, only Fox News isn't falling foir the obvious deception...

[Image: bwCfBW6.png]

You say this Dartz, but I do find it interesting that after 2 years they found they had to perform a drug kingpin style raid on a Trump official less than a week after their bullshit pile of lies about a group of Catholic high schoolers fell apart on its face, in the wake of the Buzzfeed debacle. Gee, its almost as if they are making things up just to keep the population's attention away from what they should have been covering #lockherup
Wolf wins every fight but the one where he dies, fangs locked around the throat of his opponent. 
Currently writing BROBd

I find it hard to respond with anything but a flat Wat

I've been getting most of my news from the Irish Times on this, because it's not wrapped up in the utter shitstorm and has no real reason to have an agenda. And generally, Mueller is on to something rotten and illegal going on at the centre of the administration - far more rotten and far more illegal than the use of some personal email accounts. Mueller himself has spoken against innacurate reports - such as the Buzzfeed ones.

Ireland has nothing really to gain from shitting on the Trump administration. The paper has no agenda and no base to support. If anything, it is somewhat of a conservative paper

All we learned about the schoolboys is that there was more going on outside the frame - none of which exhnorated them from being arrogant little shitstains - and a lot of which seems to have been carefully managed by PR firms and the like to convey the proper obsession.

And it's nice to see drug-kingping style raids on the wealthy and powerful for a change. Especially when they might be in a position to destroy some evidence if the police go in friendly like. Why should someone get preferential treatment from the cops because they've got a lot of money - or because they're crime might be white-collar in nature?

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

(01-26-2019, 01:24 PM)Rajvik Wrote: #lockherup

But her emails!

Fucking Christ. Just...
Darts, where did the Irish times get their info, because I doubt they are supporting a dedicated reporter in DC. No, they got it from a stringer , probably through AP who does have a reason to hate the administration.
Currently writing BROBd

A simple web search on "irish times dc correspondent" turned up the names of the Irish Times' three dedicated reporters in DC rather quickly.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Then I stand corrected, my apologies.
Currently writing BROBd

(01-26-2019, 06:41 PM)Rajvik Wrote: Then I stand corrected, my apologies.

In a lot of ways you wouldn't be wrong with how news is disseminated these days - but the Times is generally an honest source. It's the last decent paper left in the State. And Ireland does have more of an interest in what happens in DC than most EU countries.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/no-escape-...et-flipped

A former federal prosecutor describes how Mueller has a slam dunk case here, and that Roger Stone is too unreliable to be worth flipping. Hope he has a nice time in the federal pen.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
I'm a lot more concerned with what Comrade President Trumpsky is talking about with Comrade President Putin that he doesn't want his own staff to know than what might or might not have been gleaned from hacked emails years ago. Lock him up, or at lest confiscate his damn cell phone until he learns to stop tweeting thigs that embarrass the (metaphorical) family.
--
‎noli esse culus
The problem with that drogn is that Mueller has to dot his is and cross his ts first. Trump is president, however fucked up that is, and high ranking federal employees get certain protections, especially if they are elected into their office. It is not helped by how the Republican party appears to have no spine when it comes to him.
(01-27-2019, 08:12 AM)hazard Wrote: The problem with that drogn is that Mueller has to dot his is and cross his ts first. Trump is president, however fucked up that is, and high ranking federal employees get certain protections, especially if they are elected into their office. It is not helped by how the Republican party appears to have no spine when it comes to him.

That's part of why this is taking so long.  That and the fact that Mueller keeps on turning up more and more dirt everywhere he looks, on top of getting new criminal allegations to investigate (eg: illegals working at his golf course).
Oh, I know, the gears of justice grind but slowly. Doesn't make me any less worried about the damage being done in the meantime, on several fronts.
--
‎noli esse culus
Pretty sure Watergate took more than 2 years as well, and Watergate didn't have a foreign intelligence effort making the thing even more complicated because it can't be easily made public without risking intelligence assets.
(01-27-2019, 04:24 PM)Black Aeronaut Wrote: That's part of why this is taking so long. 

It's actually not.  I can't remember which news organization had it, but in response to all the "it's taking way too long with no results" complaints they came up with this massive graph showing the length of various investigations over the past fifty years and their payoffs in convictions, etc.  Benghazi, Whitewater, Watergate... all ran for years 'n' years.  Compared to them, Mueller's barely out of the starting gate.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/wha...t-tell-us/

Fivethirtyeight did one of official special investigations (doesn't include Benghazi for example) - here's the most recent version of the graph as of Stone's indictment.

RMH
Yeah, that's it! Thanks.
-- Bob

Well, let’s hope that he doesn’t get re-elected at the very least. Hopefully the Democrats up on the hill learned their lesson with Clinton vs Trump. Though I still find it somewhat hard to believe still that a good number of Sander’s voters flipped to Trump once he was out of the running.

Here’s to hoping.