Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What BlackAeronaut is Watching (Was Magical Girl Spec Ops)
RE: What BlackAeronaut is Watching (Was Magical Girl Spec Ops)
Yeah, it's a fun series.

So, things I've been reading/watching:

The World's Greatest Assassain is Reincarnated as an Aristocrat - MC is an assassin, a professional killer, and a very very good one. He has been raised for this by the unspecified organization he works for - implied to be organized crime but possibly an intelligence agency or both. He's just finished his final job and is on his way to retirement - planning to train up the next generation of killers for his employers - when they decide he's too dangerous to have around and have him killed. He awakens to be interviewed by a Goddess, who tells him that he's going to be sent to a fantasy swords-n-sorcery world - to kill the Hero. (But not until after the Hero has killed the Demon Lord. Apparently the Hero is expected to go on a rampage at some point after that and wreck everything.)

MC is thus reborn to a noble house who have a long history of being great doctors - and the secret assassins who deal with nobles that are a threat to the Kingdom.

So I've watched the anime (12 episodes out so far) and I've gotten about halfway through the first novel and my ghod is the novel shite. It's awful. The anime is actually a significant improvement so far. I'm going to push through to see if it has anything else to offer but so far it's been very much "tell, not show", with just about everything the MC is doing.

Reincarnated As A Sword - Welcome to 'life' as an intelligent magic sword, MC. You have enough mana to fly around for a bit via TK, but beyond that, you're just a lump of metal. Until along comes Platonic Life Partner and Cute Catgirl, Fran, who sword-dude rescues from slavers and partners with to make her a decidedly OP adventurer. They proceed to have fun smashing stuff together, meeting interesting people, and confuddling them. Pleasingly platonic life partners.
Sucrose Octanitrate.

Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Magical Girl Spec Ops - by Black Aeronaut - 01-27-2019, 04:10 AM
RE: Magical Girl Spec Ops - by classicdrogn - 01-27-2019, 04:29 AM
RE: Magical Girl Spec Ops - by Black Aeronaut - 01-27-2019, 05:53 PM
RE: Magical Girl Spec Ops - by Rajvik - 01-27-2019, 07:24 PM
RE: Magical Girl Spec Ops - by robkelk - 01-27-2019, 07:42 PM
RE: Magical Girl Spec Ops - by Bob Schroeck - 01-28-2019, 08:38 AM
RE: Magical Girl Spec Ops - by Dartz - 01-28-2019, 03:12 PM
RE: Magical Girl Spec Ops - by classicdrogn - 01-28-2019, 03:50 PM
RE: Magical Girl Spec Ops - by Black Aeronaut - 01-28-2019, 06:56 PM
RE: Magical Girl Spec Ops - by nocarename - 01-29-2019, 09:17 AM
RE: Magical Girl Spec Ops - by Black Aeronaut - 01-29-2019, 04:49 PM
RE: Magical Girl Spec Ops - by Dartz - 01-29-2019, 05:39 PM
RE: Magical Girl Spec Ops - by Black Aeronaut - 01-29-2019, 06:10 PM
RE: Magical Girl Spec Ops - by Black Aeronaut - 01-29-2019, 06:11 PM
RE: What BlackAeronaut is Watching (Was Magical Girl Spec Ops) - by ECSNorway - 04-17-2022, 01:13 AM