Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2020, the election campaigns have begun
RE: 2020, the election campaigns have begun
On topic, I've talked with people who would have voted for Bernie Sanders, but ended up voting for Donald Trump in the general election.  Between another insider and and an outsider, they wanted a political outsider.  Bernie has that outsider cred, despite being in the Senate for umpteen years.

At one Dem group with older folks in a sushi restaurant, we went around the room and talked about who we wanted for to be on the final ticket.  Most people were on the Warren-Biden-Buttigeg-Klobuchar axis, with a few more picks that aren't running.  I told them that the people I know at the Young Dems wanted Bernie's VP to be Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.  They laughed.

And on healthcare, there's very little difference no matter who is elected.  Amy Klobuchar said she would not veto Medicare for All.  Bernie Sanders said he will not veto an Obamacare expansion.  Whatever Congress passes, whatever helps, they'll all sign.  The Senate is still the biggest election, despite how interminably long we've been talking about the Presidency.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2020, the election campaigns have begun - by Labster - 01-19-2020, 07:10 PM