Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An Encouraging Turnaround
An Encouraging Turnaround
A boy in Indiana was arrested after posting Siri's reaction when he told the Apple digital assistant that he wanted to shoot up a school.

Fox News has the story, so YMMV.
https://www.foxnews.com/us/indiana-boy-1...o-shoot-up

This is encouraging because its possible that the kid was just being an ass, seeing as he made no threats to a specific school or person... but the threat was taken seriously by other people and reported to the authorities.
RE: An Encouraging Turnaround
My question is was the kid serious? Look i know we have to treat it as if it was, no disagreement there, but was the kid serious or was he seeing what sir's response would be and finding it funny, posted it like a damn idiot?

Just wondering.
Wolf wins every fight but the one where he dies, fangs locked around the throat of his opponent. 
Currently writing BROBd

There's insufficient information posted in the story to determine whether this was or was not a joke.

I don't know how closely USA law parallels Canadian law in this case - up here, intent is not a factor. Was a threat uttered? (And the story doesn't provide enough information about community standards to make that determination, either.)
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
Here in Ireland the misfit was given a bollocking by the local police, told that they'll take it serious next time, the school closed for a day and whatever happened afterwards isn't recorded publically.

Nobody knows who he is. And after ten minutes of 'What a moron', nobody cared anymore.

Seems far more sane than having a bunch of screech owls begging for a kid to be sent to dentention for being a moron.

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.
Sane doesn't keep the eyes on your channel through the commercial break, though.
--
‎noli esse culus