Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Donald Tweets. All Hell breaks loose
RE: Donald Tweets. All Hell breaks loose
(02-07-2019, 02:41 PM)Rajvik Wrote: Darts, you say that he has said what the sane have been thinking, and yet i look at the multitudes of follow ones that are pointing out issues that the British people (and I guess at least some politicians) have with staying with the EU. Have you stopped and contemplated the possibility that the Brexiters could be in the right on this?

I've said it before and will again, I am not there and am not as familiar with the issues as I should be to voice a rational and informed opinion. That said, is it in Britain's self interest to let someone who was against the idea of Brexit in the first place make your deal in getting out, or is she trying to sabotage the situation so as to make it hurt more so you go back?

It's not about leaving the EU.

Sure. You want to leave, that's fine. It was always going to hurt but there's still a right way to do it.

It is the utter and unmanageable clusterfuck they have managed to make of it. It's gone beyond clusterfuck and into omnifuck. The UK is where it is, in short terms because it said it was leaving the EU. But still wanted all the benefits of being a member of the EU. They wanted tarrif-free access to the single-market, while not being required to abide by its rules. They wanted free movement throughout the EU, while being able to prevent EU citizens from moving to Britain. They wanted to leave the club, stop paying club dues - but still enjoy all the perks of membership,

Or how they approcahed the negotiation with a list of things they didn't want - but no idea what they did. Beyond the utterly and fabulously unworkable as if it was already a fait accompli. Or how the problematic Backstop had started out as their own idea, formed from a consequence of their own "red lines" and then just sort of became impossible after they agreed to it. Oh - and then they beheld themselves to a group of pig-ignorant racist apartheidist fucks from a backwater instead of letting them spin. 

The EU has all the problems you'd expect from a bureaucracy that's gown out of - basically - a free trade deal. It was never really meant to be a nation. It has a real hard time justifying itself or inflaming the national passion the same way a good old revolution and a lynched colonial government does.  It's still basically a really, really fancy trade deal and there's nothing really inspiring about that at first glance. It's not sexy so people don't engage with it.

But, I have found the EU to be nothing but a benefit in work. Shipping stuff from a continent away is trivial, because it's clear it complies with the exact same standards. It makes buying, moving and selling things effortless. It's as frictionless as shipping down the road. And often easier because Irish couriers are shite. And EU standards are rigorous enough to the point that they can become a defacto global standard, given how large the EU market is.

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.

Messages In This Thread
Donald Tweets. All Hell breaks loose - by Dartz - 02-07-2019, 02:28 PM
RE: Donald Tweets. All Hell breaks loose - by Dartz - 02-07-2019, 03:24 PM