Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Donald Tweets. All Hell breaks loose
RE: Donald Tweets. All Hell breaks loose
It's a coalition government. It'd happen in the US if there was a third party.

If there's 200 seats (for arguments sake) and the tory party has 110, and labour has 90 - then the Tory party makes the laws. But if there's a Third party - and say the Tories have 95, and Labour has 95, and the Monster Raving Looney Party has 10 - then suddenly the Monster Raving Looney Party has a lot more influence than its small seat allocation would suggest. It can collapse the government if it goesn't get what it wants and force a general election.

In this case, the coalition partner is a shower of racist, apartheidist extremists that're the Even More Extremist variant of the party that was responsible for the civili rights issues that triggered the Troubles in the North. They are the party which collapsed the devolved government in the North to avoid responsibility for setting up the 'Cash for ash' scheme (i.e., paying people more for energy generated by biofuel-fired boilers, than it cost to actually buy the fuel - while at the same time not checking to make sure the boiler wasn't being used to heat a tin-shed with the doors swung open). Their sole role in Westminster is keeping the North governed by Westminster (Except for certain matters like marriage and reproductive rights, among other things)

The problem the current government has is that Theresa May seems determined to cling on to power long after she should've gone so has gotten into bed with the DUP. And Jeremy Corbyn seems to be utterly inneffective and out of touch with his party base and is widely regarded as being utterly useless as an opposition leader who should be twisting the knife into the the government at every turn rather than being a piece of milk toast.

With regards to getting things to pass through parliament - the problem is Parliament cannot agree on what exactly it wants. There're groups that want a total break, groups that want a close alliance, groups that don't want to leave at all groups that want a Norway solution, groups that want a Canada solution, and another group who thinks its a really bad idea and they need to rethink, followed by the final group that thinks it's a bad idea, they needd to rethink - but rethinking would be bad for democracy. So when it comes up to asking what they want, they just sort of flabble and argue. The only thing they can agree on is what they don't want - even if the disparate groups are rejecting the solution for entirely different reasons. Which leaves them completely unable to decide on what they do want out of the deal....

So after 2 years of fucking around in circles, the EU has finally reached the point where it is saying a Hard NO. This is the Deal. Accept or Else.

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.

Messages In This Thread
Donald Tweets. All Hell breaks loose - by Dartz - 02-07-2019, 02:28 PM
RE: Donald Tweets. All Hell breaks loose - by Dartz - 02-09-2019, 02:55 PM