Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tuxedo Unmasked
Tuxedo Unmasked
Bob, you really should take a look through "Tuxedo Unmasked" - the site owner has done a lot of tracking down data and separating canon and fanon about Sailor Moon. Here's the list of articles.

And it's a fun read, too. For one thing, I finally found a relative-height chart for the Sailors that has some real-world numbers on it! They're drawn to scale - of the planets they're named after.

(Spotted on Is Sailor Saturn a Member of the Outer Senshi?.)

[Image: senshi-sizes.jpg]

A few links that might be immediately useful:

heights, by season

birthdays and blood types

"Was Sailor Moon Originally Meant to Be Able to Fly?" includes some ideas that never made it from Takeuchi's notes to the manga. (Apparently, "Moon Prism Power Makeup" originally primed an attack by applying nail polish, and "Moon Prism Power" fired the attack.)
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
RE: Tuxedo Unmasked
I'm a bit ahead of you here -- once I saw the first link over in "There's Nothing Better" I started clicking on titles that looked interesting. I haven't read more than a fraction, but I've already seen stuff I need to ignore because I made different assumptions or interpreted available information differently. And the heights article is useless to me because DW-S takes place entirely within the first season. But that graphic above is just hilarious.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
https://www.tuxedounmasked.com/who-saved...-a-cyborg/
Ami's original concept was as a cyborg, and she was going to die in a very "combat-ready!" sort of way. OMG.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
You know, I kinda remember hearing that a long time ago, except not the part about her dying or how...
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
I was in the middle of KonMari-ing my tabs when I noticed there are a few new articles here. Notably the translation of the interview with Takeuchi-sensei's editor, Fumio Osano. For instance, the original plan was to run Usagi solo for 20 episodes or so, but since they put Ami and Rei in the OP they only were able to last 8/10 episodes -- too much demand from fans to see the new characters. And here they were trying to build up a buffer.

There's also a very tenuous theory on how Pharoah 90's name is somehow Christian mythology related via numerology, which is a bridge too far even for my crackpot theorizing tendencies. Seriously, I would have at least started with the Passover if I was trying for that.
* robkelk blows dust off thread

The site is a going concern, and more information is being added irregularly.

Such as Makoto's school ID - actual tie-in merchandise from the early 1990s. (Usagi and Ami got IDs, too.)

[Image: makoto_ID.jpg]

The student handbook is filled with useful information, such as the school principal being named "Naoya Takeuchi" and the school's official song being titled “Maboroshi no Ginzuishou: Silver Crystal”. Yes, they were kind enough to include a photo of the lyrics.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
There's no rule in the handbook that says girls have to wear the girls' uniforms, at least.  They always forget that one.  They could legitimately have a problem ordering uniforms in Makoto's size, though, which would be why she continues to wear the old ones.

Also the rule "absolutely no piercings unless you have a good excuse, or any excuse really." (paraphrased)

To me, the weirder thing is still how Ami could be at the same school as Usagi and Makoto.  With the difference in their academic levels, the chance had to be a million to one, but still, they enrolled.  (Or, as Doug put it, the chance is one hundred percent.)  Possibly the school is a bit different because it serves the children of at least some of the diplomatic corps in Minato-ku, so there needs to be a bit more tolerance for variance.  Perhaps it's a good middle school for well-connected people rather than for academics.  A newspaper editor's daughter, a doctor's daughter, and the orphan of rich folks could wind up in that kind of high-status place.  And, let's face it, Ami never needed to be challenged in school to excel academically -- she'd do it in her own time for fun -- but she did need social skills and connections.  Maybe mom is smarter than we thought.

Quote:1. Queen Nehelenia was just angry and didn’t take rejection well, causing her to spout off random threats like a blocked Twitter follower; or

No this is definitely the correct interpretation.
(08-30-2022, 04:12 AM)Labster Wrote:
Quote:1. Queen Nehelenia was just angry and didn’t take rejection well, causing her to spout off random threats like a blocked Twitter follower; or

No this is definitely the correct interpretation.

... well, I certainly have a different mental image of Queen Serenity now... Tongue
--
‎noli esse culus
Height table, as of original season and S. Because the girls are still growing.

(Time to update the pages for our shared writing project ... EDIT: No, we already has the S heights.)
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown