Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC][PLOT][Info][Fun] Astrological Horoscopes
[OOC][PLOT][Info][Fun] Astrological Horoscopes
So, that whole thing about Usagi and Chibi-usa having the same birthday for REASONS got me thinking...  If Takeuchi-sensei really wanted Astrology to figure that much into her characters, then why not do the same here?

If you guys PM me the birthdates of your characters, I can go digging and turn up some fun information.  Most especially how your Eros and Psyche signs get along with a certain someone else's signs.  (Got this wonderful book by someone that rejoices in the pen name of Mystic Medusa.  She brings fun times to astrology.)

To kick things off, I'm gonna do Benjamin and Hotaru.  I haven't done the readings for this pairing just yet, but my oh my, was I ever in for a surprise!

Hotaru Tomoe and Benjamin Rhodes
Eros/Psyche Compatibility

(Dates are in dd/mm/yyyy format)

Personal Note:  While one might look at Ben and Hotaru's sun signs alone (Libra and Capricorn) and wonder how the hell these two would get along, it's actually quite the opposite.  Both being cardinal signs, they are given to leadership roles, but in different ways that reduce the friction you might expect in such a situation.  Libra is all about shoring up support for those around him, making sure that everyone has the tools and support they need for success - after all, their success is his success.  Meanwhile Capricorn is all about taking charge and utilizing the system - she is the go getter, the archetypal 'Girl with a short skirt and long jacket'.  The fact that it's an Earth-Air pairing works well, too - opposites attract, after all.

Psyche-Eros, Eros-Psyche
This is basically how a person behaves while in love, vs. their ideal partner.  Obviously, Eros represents a man's loverboy-self and his psyche represents his dream girl, while Psyche is the girl bowled-over in love and her Eros is her fantasy guy.

Hotaru Tomoe
06/01/1981
Sun Sign: Capricorn
Psyche: Gemini
Eros: Capricorn

Hang on to your hats, folks!  Hotaru in love is not quite the staid and grounded sort that you might expect from The Messiah of Silence!

Psyche in Gemini
Cosmically activated by a surprise posie.  She officially thinks flowers are a cheap romantic trick.  But, if you pull out the totally unexpected, for-no-reason bouquet, she melts.

She needs to know that she will be amused.

The muse of love and sparkling wit, she is able to spin the mundane into sparkling fresh vistas.  Psyche in Gemini is comfortable with romantic ambiguity to the point of perhaps even preferring it.  She trusts her mind, staying where the stimulation is, needing both to amuse and be amused.  Her romantic ideal is to be a true co-conspirator in love, the true companion and confidante of her soulmate.  She quickly realizes that Mr (You-Figure-It-Out) Taciturn is not for her.  Complex and beguiling, she is literally terrified of dull people.

Eros in Capricorn
Cosmically activated by success without drama.  She craves status without gaudiness, which is not always easy.  The clean, successful statement of silver and sapphire meets the brief.

She needs to hear: I'll look after this.

Eros in Capricorn can't help but be drawn to the self-made man.  A guy in charge of his destiny, the boss man, the rainmaker - all these are her archetypes of maleness.  Luckily, she tends to scare off those she would consider dilettantes or wimps (D'oh GAWD and HOW, with her being the most frighteningly powerful of all the senshi!), leaving the field clear for her alpha-male ideal.  Oddly enough, her preferences are often even more clearly delineated by early romantic experiences with immature men who bring only chaos and mess.  This makes her even more certain that the love she craves must take place in a defined structure with rules.

And then her Sun Sign and how it gets along with her Psyche Sign....

You're sophisticated, loyal and know how to commit to someone.  In love - as in business - there is no fickleness in the Goat.  You're a highly focused, upwardly mobile person who sees mating activity in similar terms.  From the outside, you can seem rigid, suited to corporations and government.  But in your relationships, your sign often attracts someone very different from you: it is not unusual for the Goat lawyer to marry the artist or writer.  (!!!)  Your greatest assets?  A physiognomy that defies age: you look younger as you get older.  But, above all, Caps lure lovers with their get-ahead personalities.  Or, as Capricorn billionaire Howard Hughes put it, 'success is the best deodorant'.

Psyche in Gemini:
An irrepressible imp just waiting to get out?  You are all status and maturity on the surface... and sometimes you fell that it showed in your love nature.  But when Caps have Psyche in Gemini you have a reservoir of flighty and fickle behavior itching to unleash itself.  PSyche in Gemini is the energy of the love-taker and heartbreaker - without a word of malice, just a wink and a laugh.  When Canny Goats learn to tap into this secret love persona, they learn how to unlock a whole new universe for themselves.

Benjamin Rhodes
28/09/1980
Sun Sign: Libra
Eros: Scorpio
Psyche: Gemini

Now we get to me... Some of this may not surprise you guys, or some of it will until you stop and think about it...

Eros in Scorpio
Cosmically activated by the smell of you, genuinely.  For example, daub some 'body fluid' behind your ears.  He likes pure essential oils (not the cheap fakes) and is a secret admirer of musk.

He wants to hear: Wow!  How did you know that?

Eros in Scorpio loves on two different levels.  The first is dalliance - he has an enormous capacity to fool around without his hard-to-get heart even being involved.  (Pretty sure influences from my other astrological signs put the lie to this.)  The second is true romance, which he is wary of, knowing his capacity for deep involvement.  This man harbours unbelievable depths of emotion.  He secretly reveres the concept of his Twin Soul but is also a game player, stopping only with the woman secure enough to call his bluff.  He fantasizes about the grand passion that is strong enough to linger for lifetimes.

Psyche in Gemini (ho boy...)
Cosmically activated by whatever he has not heard before.  Don't bother this guys with songs of meaning, just amaze him with something gimmicky.  With his fickleness, he loves compilation albums.  (True, but I'm sure my Libra Sun Sign puts the lie to the 'songs of meaning' bit, though a new and catchy tune definitely catches my attention.)

He needs to know that change is okay.

The guy with Psyche in Gemini will put up with sly and fickle vixenly types.  (RED ALERT! ALL HANDS TO BATTLE STATIONS!)  Actually, he prefers it that way.  If a woman wants to mess with this guy's mind he tells them to go ahead.  He loves it.  In fact, without a willing partner in his innuendo, wit and sibling-combative-banter games, this love affair won't even begin.  A variety buff, his true love is complicated.  However, she is neither boring nor a whiner nor into making turgid emotional demands.  Remember, his Psyche is symbolized by The Twins.

How my Sun Sign gets along with my Eros Sign...

You were born under the sign of the beautiful person.  Ruled by Love Goddess Venus, your astro motto is 'I cooperate' and, you do!  You are blessed with the ability to see both sides of any equation, which is probably where you get your dithery reputation from.  Known for your 'whim of steel', social climbing skills, and occasional hypocrisy, you are also sweet, tactful, loving, and charming.  (My being an Aspie kinda messes with the 'tactful' part, though.)  You agree with Libran great actress Sarah Bernhardt that 'we must live for the few who know and appreciate us, who judge and absolve us and for whom we have the same affection and indulgence.'

Eros in Scorpio...
Sun in Libra - Eros in Scorpio: this fascinating scenario can see lovely Libran You occasionally appalled by the over-the-top antics of your Eros in Scorpio.  Scorp, you understand, is the sign of sex and the occult.  In love, you suddenly switch on Scorp style and come across far more intensely than your Libran self can stand.  That part of you that's Scorpy likes confrontational conversations that take the participants to a new level of understanding.  Libra likes to amuse, flirt, and cajole.
What to do: Bedwork de-angsts in a hurry.

So how do our signs play off each other.  WELL...

My Eros to her Psyche

Married Already!
Hello, you must be my new Husband!  Wife?  Whatever, this duo knows quick smart that they're on, or off.  They either get it on from the start or neatly avoid one another.  Another way of putting it is that there is either no chemistry whatsoever between them or it is on from the literal second they see each other.  If it's an on situation, they are so prone to skipping the usual courtship stage that it's ludicrous.  People can't believe that these lovers haven't known one another since childhood!  They often even look similar!  They are the couple most likely to nauseate others via an extreme public intimacy dynamic.  Speech, gags and even sexual preferences suddenly seem like shared secrets.  If one, the other or both are accustomed to full-on tension between lovers, this relationship will freak them out at first.  The comfort zoning is immense.  Warning: even if these two do break up, they never truly split up, you understand.

Her Eros to my Psyche

Always on my mind!
Always evolving, this relationship is perpetual poetry in motion and a non-stop work in progress.  It is as if each 'adoree' must make constant - if tiny - attitude adjustments in order to let the love affair shine.  If one or the other gets too stuck in a certain paradigm, the whole liaison starts to stall and, if they are not careful, bog down.  It is amazing how often this romance is characterized by one of the parties loathing (or at least not much liking) the other person.  Yet, if this is the case, there will nonetheless be a kind of incessant buzz at the back of their mind.  Once sighted, these guys are never out of one another's minds.  Another astro clue: they often meet each other at a time of crisis.  The mutual emotion is like 'Whoah! And now this!'  They are also highly likely to be a 'rebound' affair - albeit one that may go on forever!

And there you have it.  Hotaru and me?  Probably going to be like one of those Texas Thunderstorms that are famous for coming in out of nowhere, causing some craziness, and then gone just like that to make someone else's day a little more surreal.
RE: [OOC][PLOT][Info][Fun] Astrological Horoscopes
EDIT: I've decided to just summarize things instead.  A lot less wordy that way, and a lot less repeated text.

Okay, running with a few more here.

Let's see how Nanoha and Benjamin get along...

Nanoha Takamachi
15/03/1998
Sun Sign: Pisces
Psyche Sign: Scorpio
Eros Sign: Scorpio

In general, Pisces and Libra sun signs get along great together, whether as friends or lovers.  In this respect, Nanoha and Benjamin will 'get' each other on a very fundamental level, and Ben's own life experiences, which he'll share gladly with the young heroine, will help steady her and ease her development.

That said...  Psyche and Eros BOTH IN SCORPIO!?  ....  BRACE YOURSELVES!!!!

Females with Psyche in Scorpio are those seemingly mercurial types, always keeping you on your toes.  They can tend to be control freaks if they don't mind themselves carefully, and like to have the relationship all on their terms.  It may not SOUND like Nanoha, but let's face it: Fate never really gave her much reason to doubt.

Nanoha's Eros, on the other hand, comes through loud and clear.  She is definitely the sort that loves that full-on-intensity in a relationship.  We only really get to see her once she and Fate have settled down, but rest assured, in the space of time we didn't see them (between A's and Strikers) there was probably some serious fireworks.  Fate fits the bill perfectly - despite being abused, she has all the passion and emotion Nanoha could want, and Nanoha is the recipient of a vast majority of it.

There is no officially given DOB for Fate.  Only the year.  However, this is not to say that someone else hasn't figured it out.  I have no idea how they came to this conclusion, but the way I'm working it, it seems to suit her.  (Note: I'm using the year she was activated and not the 'official' year of birth.)

Fate Testarossa
18/11/2003
Sun: Scorpio
Psyche: Sagittarius
Eros: Sagittarius

....  Okay, now that's a pretty interesting setup.  High intensity fully-in-control Sun in Scorpio with IDGAF Sagittarius in her Psyche.

But that fits her.

Fate is always in control of herself, emoting only what she wants others to see.  But put her with Nanoha?  Suddenly she can't contain herself.

Not to mention that she's always in the pursuit of her own personal excellence (though not quite as driven as Nanoha can be).

The Interactions

Nanoha's and Fate's readings indicate that they're the sort of couple that start out as enemies, but nonetheless are drawn to each other, trying to figure one another out.  But once they get past all that, they just plain and simply get each other, vibing on a wave length that, if you didn't know better, might have you wondering if they're a couple or really close siblings.

With Ben...  Well....

Ben and Nanoha are going to have this Big Bang Moment once they meet.  More or less, it's supposedly a love at first sight scenario, and one that comes completely out of the blue.  And the worst part is that it just HAUNTS the both of them!  For Ben this is going to be extremely troublesome - she's just a kid, but her personality will have such an effect on him!  And for Nanoha, she quickly discerns Ben as a man who is a complex bundle of convictions and POTENT emotions with his love and rage boiling just under the placid surface.

With Fate, it's going to somewhat mirror the relationship she shares with Nanoha, only with a greater degree of gentleness and compassion, and this despite being so different from each other.  Gender roles?  They won't care.  There'll be a spark of something like completion there - like one has something the other lacks.  But at the same time, they're so metropolitan about it that they can move about freely as their own persons.

So, in summary, this is gonna make for one helluva first meeting between Nanoha and Ben!  It dovetails PERFECTLY into the scenario we're building up: she's not really supposed to be there, but she is, and then Ben shows up, and both are in the middle of a low-key crisis situation.

Ben would consider it just his luck that he meets a girl and she's so much more than he ever imagined - they're practically eating out of each other's hands from the word 'Go' - and she's only nine years old.  Cue the internal screaming.  VERY internal because he knows he above all others HAS to keep a cool head.

This will DEFINITELY color his private talk with Rei later on.

(This is probably gonna suck for Nanoha, too, because she'll probably pick up on it for the same reasons.  Poor thing.)

And then Fate will show up and get double-teamed by what she feels from them both, confusing the hell out of her poor, abused Scorpio nature!  OUCH.  Probably won't be helped that Ben is gonna come at her all like, "Come with me if you want to live" in an effort to get her away from Precia.  But she will be intrigued, nonetheless, that he wants to help her more than anything else.  But once she realizes that Ben knows what it's like to be the kicked puppy because he lived it himself, any emotional armor she had against him will come crashing down and her Sagittarius lover-girl nature will come out...  After she has a good, long cry.

Coming up next, Homura and Madoka...
RE: [OOC][PLOT][Info][Fun] Astrological Horoscopes
Okay, I had to futz things a bit for Madoka and Homura - nobody is really sure if they're 13 or 14 in the anime.  Also, I'm subscribing to the fan theory that the timeframe is 2011 - the same year it aired.  This is supported in that we see the day that Homura gets out of the hospital is the 16th of March and on a Wednesday.  Which is the day it fell on in 2011.

I've set their age in the setting as 13 rather than 14.  Your age pretty much determines where you would normally be at in a Japanese school, and this is set by your age as of April 1st - the first day of the Japanese school year.

At 14 they would be 3rd year students, but Mami is clearly implied to be an upperclassman (she is 15, but her b-day is May 5th, so she was 14 at the start of the year, making her a 3rd year student), so they have to be 13 at the time.

Akemi Homura
26/07/1998
Sun: Leo
Psyche: Scorpio

Kaname Madoka
03/10/1998
Sun: Libra
Psyche: Scorpio

..... I'm pretty sure that was on purpose.  This is, for all intents and purposes, a perfect match; an immortal love-at-first-sight scenario.  Which it is, of course.

It doesn't really leave much room for Ben, but that's just fine.  He doesn't need to be a regular lover to them.  He can be something much closer than a brother, but not quite the same level as a full-on spouse.  Technically, a consort.  One thing is for sure, they can't impregnate each other (not without resorting to some really...  weird magic), and they would wind up trusting Ben enough to be the father of their children.

There is one thing in Ben's favor, though: the astrosigns for both girls indicate that they and Ben will have an impact on each other the moment their eyes meet.  At the very least, they are gonna sense a kindred spirit in him.  Here is someone that KNOWS what it means to HURT.

Madoka will very likely want to give him a hug.  Homura, with her sun sign in Leo, will be more prideful and dignified, but she would certainly listen and sympathize over some tea.

And with both of them having Eros AND Psyche in Scorpio...  I'd imagine they could get a bit possessive over him.  Which could possibly help precipitate the knock-down-drag-out fight that forces Ben's hand on the matter.

I'll do Ruby and Weiss next, but for now...  NAP TIME.