Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Off-line from home
Off-line from home
I mentioned this in the "complaining about the weather" thread, but it bears repeating where everyone can see it -- at some point last night during the snow storm, our FIOS died.  Because the interior box is working just fine, we suspect that the heavy wet snow we had caused a disconnect somewhere outside, but we won't know for sure until tomorrow, when we have a tech coming to look at things. This includes not just Internet, but TV and phone.  So after work tonight I'll pretty much disappear for 14 or 15 hours.

ETA: Replaced an entire line of text I apparently deleted by accident.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
RE: Off-line from home
Update: I just got a text message from Verizon -- apparently we're not alone and the FIOS outage is something much bigger. They don't need to send us a tech tomorrow after all, but the estimated fix time is two days from now. Joy.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
RE: Off-line from home
Oh, and as of somewhere between 3AM and 6AM this morning, our service is back. And Verizon is being real cagy about what actually happened -- to the point that the page on their own website which their email gave me a link to in order to see the status of the outage was 404 every single time I tried it.
-- Bob