Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Civil Suites As a Weapon Against Anti-Vaxxers?
RE: Civil Suites As a Weapon Against Anti-Vaxxers?
Refusing vaccination on the basis of religion is not a new concept in the Netherlands. There have been multiple polio outbreaks (although the most recent was in 1992 due to extensive vaccination programs) that strongly hit strict protestant Christian populations in the Dutch Bible Belt. And yes, seriously, we've a Bible Belt.

Personally? It's extremely cruel, unjust and unconstitutional (we'd be discriminating on the basis of religion) but I'd be entirely alright with just telling people who refuse to vaccinate for any reason other than sound medical reasons (not vaccinating because you are allergic to the vaccine for example) to suck it and bear the burden in its entirety themselves. Including the care for any victim, the after care for any victim (polio for example leaves permanent disabilities) and any of the associated costs.

I suppose this would be a politically far right point of view.

It's a good thing I'm not allowed to decide on this matter myself. Because it is extremely unjust and cruel.

@Drogn, if you were severely ill after a flu shot it's likely you were either allergic to the vaccine, or your immune system was already compromised or occupied. Quite possibly by the flu the shot was supposed to protect you against. It takes a while before a vaccine starts to actually offer protection, and in that time your body can react with the exact same protocols it uses to deal with any infectious disease.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Civil Suites As a Weapon Against Anti-Vaxxers? - by hazard - 03-05-2019, 05:48 PM