Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TV show recommendation
TV show recommendation
If you have Netflix or an Android TV or Amazon Fire TV that can reach the Rakuten VIKI service, i strongly recommend Strong Girl Bong-soon (AKA Strong Woman Do Bong-soon; link goes to the ATT page I just put up about it). This is a sixteen-episode South Korean live-action series about a young woman with super-strength that mixes equal parts romantic comedy and police procedural into a plot that's just a bit short of being a Silence of the Lambs sequel. Yes, I know what that sounds like. It works.

Oh, and if you have a choice, watch the VIKI version; the translation is sometimes a little clunkier, but it's closer to the original Korean and doesn't sacrifice cultural details for comprehension. I've also found points where the Netflix version actually changes things like the music on the soundtrack, usually to the detriment of the production.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
RE: TV show recommendation
Just found this earlier today while trying to explain the show to one of my in-laws. It's the theme song, over some of the more significant examples of Bong-soon using her strength in the show.

-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....