Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC][PLOT] The Fourth Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals
RE: [OOC][PLOT] The Fourth Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals
Okay, I'm working on plotting out the Puella Magi arc. Nothing solid yet, story-wise. Just trying to hash out some of the details.

I'm thinking of having them all show up living in The Village at Rustic Oaks - a tiny gated community by the South Texas Medical Center. This is important because there is a very prestigious private school that provides accelerated curriculum for gifted students known as The Keystone School. (Not that kind of gifted. That would be The Winston which specifically caters to kids who are like how I was.)

It's a K through 12 school, so I can easily have Nanoha and Co. attending there and suddenly run into the Puella Magi.

Homura and Mami will be in the care of foster parents.

Homura will have the advantage of hers being an actual blood relation going back a few generations - her foster-mother will have grown up 'American', so it's going to throw Homura to have a Japanese mother who maintains the culture... but follows the American sociological ticks. Which will mean sub-plots in the form of her new mother trying and trying to connect to the distant girl... and of Homura learning that she does have family beyond Madoka, and they very much want to love her and for her to feel loved.

It's going to be quite a trip for her. It will be a significant difference from what she's used to with strict social guidelines and roles; American families work a bit differently from what she's used to. Fortunately, hers will be one of the better ones, filled with love and a rambunctious lifestyle.

(I'm thinking of gifting Homura with an absolutely adorable little foster-sister - an energetic, hyperactive, and rambunctious toddler who is only too excited to have a big sister, goes around alternating between "ane-sa! ane-sa!" and "sissa! sissa!" and practically worships the ground Homura walks on. She's just going to completely shatter Homura's resolve.)

For Mami, it's going to be somewhat similar - A family of third-generation German immigrants that she happens to be related to. Unlike Homura, though, she's going to take to it like a fish in water... though she will have to get somewhat used to it because these folks are PROUD of their Teutonic heritage. ("Its... different. Very different... But I like it. It almost feels like I've suddenly come home.") Her foster mother is going to be especially thrilled because she'll have had only two sons (one in college, the other in elementary school) and suddenly she has this beautiful, cultured, but strong willed daughter.

The only exception to the matter will be Kyoko. She will be maintaining her free-wheeling lifestyle, but the sudden lack of witches is going to throw her - she's going to have questions and she's gonna go straight to Mami for answers.

Madoka and Sayaka will have their families, and things will have... adjusted to fit. Sayaka's father will be a professor of music studies and her mother will teach at a music conservatory.

Madoka's mother will work for one of the banks... trying to decide between Frost and USAA. Some interesting little side stories can be had about how she needs to adapt to the American work culture, with its much stronger emphasis on a person spending time with their families. Suddenly, our bottle fairy will find herself trying to figure out what to do with this spare time of hers - not that she dreads spending time with her children, but... Yeah.

Thoughts? Ideas? Bricabrack?

Messages In This Thread
RE: [OOC][PLOT] The Fourth Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals - by Black Aeronaut - 04-04-2019, 02:58 PM