Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[IC][WIP][Arc 1] How I Managed to Quit Worrying and Love The Grief Seed
RE: [IC][WIP][Arc 1] How I Managed to Quit Worrying and Love The Grief Seed
(04-15-2019, 07:22 AM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: >  “Be careful now, Benjamin.  They say that one should not come to the attention to their executives...
I think some context is missing here.  Whose executives?  Hell's?

From context, it looks like Hild is the executive.

Which means the line should be "one should not come to the attention of their executives", not "one should not come to the attention to their executives".

As for the contract, I recall we decided somebody would look it over before Ben signed it...

"As our usual go-between to the celestials would no doubt say, this is one Hell of a document." Rob grinned. "But I've gone through the bureaucratese twice, and Kazari treated it like computer code and checked the wording for logic bombs while I was double-checking the meanings of a few obscure terms."

"And?"

"It's exactly what you represented it to be. Hild isn't trying to pull a fast one here."

"So it's okay if I sign it."

Rob's expression went completely neutral. "Only if you're sure that this is what you want to do."

"Okay, what's wrong?"

"You're taking on responsibility for her life, here. Are you ready to be a father?" Before Ben could reply, Rob added, "I can't answer that. Only you can make that call."
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown

Messages In This Thread
RE: [IC][WIP][Arc 1] How I Managed to Quit Worrying and Love The Grief Seed - by robkelk - 04-15-2019, 08:04 AM