Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[IC][WIP][Arc 1] How I Managed to Quit Worrying and Love The Grief Seed
RE: [IC][WIP][Arc 1] How I Managed to Quit Worrying and Love The Grief Seed
Just something I wanted to give a quick tonue-in-cheek response to because I was on mobile the whole time and iOS doesn't like some of MyBB's features for some reason.  (Yes, it's the OS itself, not the browser.  I got the same results in Chrome and Firefox for iOS.)

(04-19-2019, 04:11 AM)Labster Wrote:
(04-19-2019, 01:42 AM)Black Aeronaut Wrote:
(04-18-2019, 11:21 PM)Labster Wrote: Fortunately, Rin was able to complete her task with no incident.
Show don't tell please.

.... you do realize you're asking me to describe several minutes of "nothing really notable happens here", right?

Magic should feel like magic.  What did her magic circle look like?  Did a gem glow, were her eyes closed in meditation?  What kind of gem is it anyway?  What room is the ritual happening in, can you describe it?  Was there a nervous energy among those who were waiting?  You can give the reader the sensation of time passing slowly by throwing in description here, with the side effect of making the magic seem momentous.

Or alternatively, you can remove the line entirely if you want a boring part to feel faster, because "Alright, it’s done" conveys all of the meaning of that sentence in less words.

Just keep in mind that you're talking to a guy who is the epitome of the following meme:

[Image: KkUB0dL.jpg]

In case you can't tell, I'm the Engineer.  "Huh.  That's nifty.  But let's make sure that doesn't go anywhere so it can actually handle shock and acceleration..."  Wink

I'll see what I can do about it, though.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [IC][WIP][Arc 1] How I Managed to Quit Worrying and Love The Grief Seed - by Black Aeronaut - 04-20-2019, 03:59 PM