Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[IC][WIP][Arc 1] How I Managed to Quit Worrying and Love The Grief Seed
RE: [IC][WIP][Arc 1] How I Managed to Quit Worrying and Love The Grief Seed
(10-16-2020, 04:31 AM)Black Aeronaut Wrote: Okay folks.  This is just a rough, so have at it.

First quick pass...

(10-16-2020, 04:31 AM)Black Aeronaut Wrote: He then scoffed in dry amusement.  “It probably is, too, now that I think of it.  That damned contract belongs in a museum.”

Since it's my SI saying this...

That damned contract - that literally damned contract - belongs in a museum.

(10-16-2020, 04:31 AM)Black Aeronaut Wrote: Mihoshi giggled.  “Ryouko has a new brother!”

Ryouko grumbled at that.  “Not like I mind the idea, but please don’t.”

There strained faces at that as people only managed to succeed in not laughing.  Aeka, though, placed a comforting hand on Ryouko’s shoulder, and Ryouko responded with a wan smile.

After all, they’ve had time now to get used to the idea that they were going to be sisters in all but blood.

"Everybody needs a sibling, Niiko Misaka opines."

Ryouko gave her a dirty look. "That's easy to say when you've always had one. And from what Ben told me, his siblings weren't the best in the bunch - I don't want him thinking of me that way."

(10-16-2020, 04:31 AM)Black Aeronaut Wrote: “You too, Nanoha!?” said Lindy in shock.

“Unh,” replied the Takamachi girl with a nod of her head.  “I know it’s strange, but the very first moment I saw him…  I knew that Benjamin was special.  Just like Fate is.  He is very strong, but he’s been hurt so much - it makes me sad to even think about it.  But he is such a kind person, even though he would be justified in being angry and bitter at the entire world.  I don’t know of anyone that is that strong.  Not even my father or my brother could be what Benjamin is, and they are some of the kindest men I know.”

Once Rob finally hears about this, then looks through Skuld's glasses at Ben's hand (maybe at Callahan's later, so this is an omake):

"What's wrong?"

Rob looked at Ben's face instead of his hand. "Nothing. Just wondering how strong a rope you could braid out of all those red strings of fate tied around your pinky. Although, knowing you, they'll need a rope to haul you out of danger with - or, more likely, follow you in."

"How many girlfriends have I got?"

"Who says they're all girls, or friends?" {{insert Ben's reaction here)) Rob continued, "I'm not going to count them - that's none of my business."

Ben smiled at that - private lives are private for a reason, after all. "Okay, how many have you got?"

"Three so far, with something wispy leading somewhere I can't figure out. I hope that means I'm only getting four altogether."

"Have I got one of those wisps, too?"

"Oh, yeah. Big time."

(10-16-2020, 04:31 AM)Black Aeronaut Wrote: “Lying by omission or stretching the truth is the Incubator’s shtick.  The Goddesses aren’t even capable of lying.”

The First Class Goddesses - Belldandy and Peorth - aren't capable of lying. In canon, Urd gave up a promotion so she could continue to lie when necessary. But maybe Ben didn't know that.

Oh, and the whole thing needs a spelling-check on the character names. You have multiple "Alissa" for "Alisa", multiple "Lindsey" for Lindy, one "Lies" for Lise, etc.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown

Messages In This Thread
RE: [IC][WIP][Arc 1] How I Managed to Quit Worrying and Love The Grief Seed - by robkelk - 10-16-2020, 05:00 PM