Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[IC][WIP][Arc 1] How I Managed to Quit Worrying and Love The Grief Seed
RE: [IC][WIP][Arc 1] How I Managed to Quit Worrying and Love The Grief Seed
Oh, and have a nice taste of drama for the next chapter...

Jareth actually made a startled look at that.  “Are you serious!?  Odin has Chosen Dear Benjamin to be one of His Men!?”

Peorth nodded her head slowly, and Jareth suddenly spat out a series of words.  Though they flowed mellifluously, there was a vehemence present in the tone that spoke of great anger.

“Please forgive me,” said Jareth.  “That was nearly as upsetting as the news about the Incubators.”

Nanoha ventured forward.  “Is… is it really that bad?” she asked, uncertainly.

Jareth sighed and closed his eyes.  “Dear child, I have seen it only once before.  And it truly is that bad.  Because of Odin’s… Attention… Dear Benjamin’s lot in life will henceforth be fraught adversity.  Not only has fortune turned against him, but adversaries of all sorts will be drawn to him like moths to a flame.  And the analogy is apt.  Benjamin shall burn with a righteous fury and incinerate those that try him.  It is only on the battlefield where fortune will look the other direction and let his actions dictate destiny’s course, for that is his place.  Any other title he may bear has been rendered moot.  He shall be, first and foremost, and forevermore, a warrior.  It shall be his calling, his path, and his raison d'être.”

Jareth then looked Nanoha in the eyes.  “He will need all the love and support that can be mustered, but that is going to come at great cost to those around him, as they will share in the burden he must bear up under.  For that reason, dear child, I must ask you: is this the path that you so desire?  Benjamin will not hold you at fault for shying away.  It will hurt him, yes, but that is unavoidable in any case.  But he will never fault you for seeing to your own needs and desires.  Do you desire to walk his path and shoulder his burden, side-by-side with him?”

Ben suddenly spoke out.  “Nanoha, don’t say a word!”

Everyone suddenly looked in Ben’s direction with varying expressions of surprise and confusion.  Jareth in particular gave Ben the Vulcan Eyebrow, while Belldandy actually had a frightened look on her face.

Benjamin then panned his gaze across the room.

“That is a wedding vow,” he said slowly.  “And we have a King presiding over that vow, and two First Class Goddesses present as witnesses.  Call me paranoid, but that’s the way it felt just now.”

“Dear heavens, he’s right,” said Jareth quietly, shocked and awed not only by his own carelessness, but also at how Benjamin had been so quick to catch it.  He then looked around the room and explained.  “The question that I had thoughtlessly put to Miss Takamachi actually can be construed as a vow of matrimony.  And I am a King.  A ruler of a nation.  Such a vow with my endorsement would be binding as law in my Kingdom.  There are very few higher powers that may hold sway.  Suffice to say, when it comes to authority, the idiom ‘There is me and then there is God’ emphatically applies.  And with two Fist-Class Megami and a First-Class Demoness here to bear witness?  While it may not be a wish or a promise made by a First-Class, the Ultimate Force System would have acted on it.”

How do you like it?

Messages In This Thread
RE: [IC][WIP][Arc 1] How I Managed to Quit Worrying and Love The Grief Seed - by Black Aeronaut - 08-24-2021, 02:27 AM