Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More Research
More Research
Been working on where Makoto's apartment is located.  I've got a candidate location but I want to check a couple more sources when I get home from work tonight.  From what few exterior views I've found, she lives in a corner apartment on the top floor of what seems to be a two- or three-story manshon of recent (as of 1992) construction, a bit on the high end (which is supported by its interior).  I've got a point on the Tokyo map I'm pretty confident I can say she's probably within a few blocks of.

I'll post a link to Google Streetview later tonight unless I find something that disagrees wildly with what I've come up with.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
RE: More Research
I'll be in Tokyo at the end of the year.

If I get a chance I might be able to take a mosey around someplace.

Although it'd be weird to be taking pictures of peoples houses in residential neighbourhoods. I think tourists aren't supposed to do that.

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.
RE: More Research
I'd rather you not get in trouble. <grin>

Well, I've confirmed one thing. The images I was basing my mental image turn out to be from Crystal, not the original series, and I've just found one I overlooked earlier that reveals the apartment is on the fourth floor of a slightly bigger building than I'd thought. It still fits nicely in the neighborhood I'd found, but given the other differences between Crystal and the original series, I'm not sure I necessarily want to follow its lead here...

Regardless, here's the intersection I was using as my "zero point".
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....