Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
April Fishes - the 2019 edition
April Fishes - the 2019 edition
It's April 1st, and we all know what that means...

Freefall:

[Image: fc03260.png]

General Protection Fault:

Four oldies-but-goodies, including the spaghetti tree.

Five Ottawa-specific pranks from days gone by. And this year's was that the Rideau Canal Skateway was going one-way only during peak hours. (The giveaway was that the "one way" was opposite the direction of mass travel in the morning and afternoon.)
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
RE: April Fishes - the 2019 edition
The words "spreadable Yorkshire Tea" caught my eye ... even more than the "McPickle."
-----
"The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that this was some killer weed."
Another blast from the past: Condos coming to Halifax's Citadel Hill

(For folks who aren't familiar with Nova Scotia history, this isn't quite as bad as building condos on the Gettysburg Battlefield or pulling down the Alamo to make room for a strip mall -- but it's close.)
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
This may or may not be an April Fools gag
Zak Efron to play Wolverine in MCU X-Men reboot
A full-fledged visual novel based on Rivals of Aether:
I fell for this one -- I even shared the link with Attila because I was with him all the way through his original play of FF7 all those years ago:

-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....