Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[RFC][Info] BA's Stream of Conscious Notes for PMMM Movies
RE: [RFC][Info] BA's Stream of Conscious Notes for PMMM Movies
Just started watching the second film, and there was a tidbit that I think is going to be critical to the plot here...

And the shit stirrer returns.  What pitch does it have for Madoka now that she knows the full truth?

"We don't do this out of ill will toward the human race."  I call bullshit on that.  Anytime you act in a manner of such disregard is ill will.

Now it's getting ready to throw it's "Greater Good" pitch, leading off with Entropy and the heat death of the Universe.

GYAH!!!  Took me a moment to see that damn thing was camped out on the shelf above her bed with her plushies.

It converts emotions into energy?  What?

"Unfortunately, our species do not possess the capacity to experience emotion."  No shit, sherlock!

So it seems anyone could become a magical person - they just prefer teenage girls because they're the most emotionally unstable.

"And someday even you humans will be able to leave your planet and come join all of us.  When that day comes you wouldn't want to find the universe empty and desolate, would you?"

HOLD THE FUCKING PHONE.

They're using it as an active energy source?  Right now?  Preserving the universe as is and fueling their civilisation with the heartbreak of little girls?

HOLY.
FUCKING.
SHIT.

This is worse than I ever thought or was led to believe from fanfiction.

Real talk, here.  This is NOT GOOD.  Even if this civilisation isn't good with emotions, they must know about cause and effect.  They must know that even if they can't grock WHY humans find this whole thing so offensive, that the rest of Humanity as a whole will be gravely offended.

This will lead to one of two scenarios.

One: They intentionally cripple humanity to keep them from becoming a starfaring race.
Two: There is a horrible, terrible war.  And while this 'civilisation' will be driven by cold 'necessity', humans will be driven by the very same emotions that they say are so powerful.

I don't think they're that stupid.  I'm sure that that Kyubey's allusions of humans being able to join them is only going to be limited to the select few that see things their way, and the rest of humanity they'll cripple by simple expedient of letting Witches cause devastation - but not enough to kill off humanity.

"We aren't able to comprehend what you mean by 'tricking'."

Oh ho?  You don't?  And yet you have all of humanity's knowledge available to you?  Let's look at Merriam-Webster...

trick (noun)
\ ˈtrik  \
Definition of trick (Entry 1 of 3)
1a : a crafty procedure or practice meant to deceive or defraud

Very first definition of the term.

Now, Merriam-Webster is a little too technical with the definition of 'deceive' and 'deception', so let's look at it from the much more relevant sociological angle.

Quote:Simple Test for Deception
People often claim that they are not misleading others even though they are intentionally withholding important information from them. People like to think this way, because it makes it easier for them to deceive others.

So, a good test to see if you are lying to someone is as follows:

"If you have nothing to hide, why not tell the complete truth?"

This is usually the best way to determine if you are misleading someone, regardless of your intent.

Kyubey.  You ARE deceiving people.  We even have a term for it.  This is what we humans call 'Lying by Omission.'  You cannot evade this truth - it is the most insidious form of deception we know of.

And now I have that bit from The Big O in my head.  It always just seemed like a neat little epithet: "Cast in the Name of God: Ye Not Guilty."  Up until Big Duo Inferno casts it's judgement on Alan Rosewater: YE GUILTY.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [RFC][Info] BA's Stream of Conscious Notes for PMMM Movies - by Black Aeronaut - 04-11-2019, 02:14 PM