Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[RFC][Info] BA's Stream of Conscious Notes for PMMM Movies
RE: [RFC][Info] BA's Stream of Conscious Notes for PMMM Movies
Here it is at last.  We are now in totally new territory for me.

Movie Three - Rebellion

Start

The Law of Cycles is explained once again.

And then we see Madoka, Sayaka, Kyoko fighting a Witch...  But they're not supposed to exist anymore?  And nor is Madoka for that matter.

Mami... AND CHARLOTTE!?

What now?  The timeline was reset AGAIN?  With Kyubey in Madoka's room?

I freaking love how Madoka opens the door and she just all..  HURGH!  WOMAN ON A MISSION!  Love it!

Hitomi is dating Kyosuke...  Interesting.

Madoka is definitely a Puella Magi here - she has the ring that is her Soul Gem in storage mode.

Talking about Saotome-sensei, Junko says she needs to set her up on a blind date.  They definitely must have been childhood friends.

Junko is out to get the bread.  Kisses for her boys and a hi-five with her girl.

So now, instead of Hitomi, Kyoko is part of the trio now.  Sayaka and Kyoko are both Puella Magi as well.

Good grief, Kyoko and Sayaka are like a newlywed couple teasing each other!  No wonder everyone ships these two.  (Not that I'm complaining!  Wink

......  Okay, I think I'd like to have the old Saotome-sensei back.  This one is so much more creepy.

Okay, meganeko-Homura, braids and all, but with a lovely personality.  And she's a Puella Magi as well.

And she makes damn sure the others see it as well.

Ohhhh!  Mami sprung her on them.  Naughty naughty girl!  Big Grin

Homura has some kind of force multiplying technique now?  Or was that just a different way to phrase "stops time so she can perform multiple attacks"?

Nightmares, not Witches?

And suddenly we're a month in the future?

And Madoka and Homura are totally yuri for each other and don't seem to care otherwise.

What's with all the blimps?

Poor Hitomi.  This doesn't look like it's going to work out.

ooookaaayyyy, and this must be a nightmare...

Okay, so Charlotte is called Bebe?

Wait, WHAT?  These Nightmare thing are reoccurring!?

Sayaka: "She's really having a hard time, isn't she?  No surprise, considering she made Captain Oblivious her boyfriend."

PPFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTT!!!!  DAMMIT SAYAKA!!!  *Nearly dies laughing*

Kyoko: "Hoowaah!  That has a lot of added significance coming from you!"
Sayaka: *giggles*  "Yeah, I guess?  Maybe this means I've gained some life experience?"

SNRK!!!

....  Okay, trying to figure out what the hell was that.

Homura wonders if all of their battles have always been like that.  Agree - something really screwy is going on here.

Okay, what's with the blotchy red on everyone's faces?

And Kyubey hasn't said anything yet except "kyu-kyu".

More blotchy red faces...

Homura and Kyoko (Sakura-san) talking.  Homura wants to know if anything strange is going on, but Kyoko is kinda WTH.

Homura singled out Kyoko because she's the one that felt the most 'different'.  Let's see then...

Oh boy.  She can't remember when she transferred into school.  Something is seriously wrong here!  MATRIX ALERT!  MATRIX ALERT!

Okay, this place is reminding me of a Witch's Labyrinth... only... nice?

No matter how hard they try, they can't get out.  MATRIX ALERT!  MATRIX ALERT!

Slowly, the falseness of the world around them is becoming more and more apparent...

This is the first time Kyoko has seen Homura so assertive, but she thinks that, for some strange reason, it feels right for her to act that way.

Oh crap.  The whole world IS a Witch's nest!

And Homura remembers everything.

How the heck are we back to this now?

Learning about the connection between Mami and Bebe.

Theory: because Mami has always gotten munched by Charlotte/Bebe, perhaps they've bonded somehow?

Whatever the case is with Bebe, it cares for Mami a lot.  I believe that its trustworthy.

And now, Homura has stopped time and is confronting Bebe...  I don't think she is to blame, though.

Oh no... Now Mami has shown up... and they're fighting.

Is this how Bebe/Charlotte looked as a Puella Magi?

Now Sayaka has shown up.  She seems to know what's going on... no, definitely knows.  She was able to give Homura the slip.

New Theory: this is some kind of paradise that someone created for them.  I suspect that it's Madoka, but I'm not sure yet.

Madoka has found Homura.  And Kyubey is there, remaining oddly quiet... The little shit has something to do with this.

Poor Homura...  Cursed to be the only one who remembers Madoka, to go around in a world that never knew of the one she loves so dearly.

Homura knows that somehow, someway, this is the real Madoka.  But this world is still somehow false.  And she needs answers that Madoka cannot give her right now.

She calls Kyoko and confirms another suspicion: Kyoko should not know who Madoka is because she does not know about Witches - those timelines had been erased.

Homura removes herself from her soul gem... and it proves the world is false.  And as though in retribution, the entire world starts to come crashing down in flames.

Oh no.

She IS the Witch.

And Kyubey knew all along.

The little bastard.

No... This WAS Kyubey's doing!

Kyubey's masters wanted to see if it was true, that if isolated from The Law of Cycles that Homura would become a Witch.

The fucking monsters.

Because the isolation field has kept Homura's Soul Gem intact, she hasn't turned completely into a witch.  Instead, she's caught in some strange twilight between Puella Magi and Witch.

And the illusion of Mitakihara City was all Homura's creation - all within her own Soul Gem - a Witch's Labyrinth.

As for the others, that was Kyubey translating a property of the Witch's Labyrinth to the isolation field - that allowed her to 'invite' people that she wanted inside her Labyrinth.  Once inside, she rewrote their memories to fit the fantasy world she had built within herself.

And in doing this, they were able to discern that Madoka was the missing element - the source of The Law of Cycles.  And because Homura had rewritten her memory the most thoroughly, Madoka had completely forgotten who she was and that she was supposed to save Homura.

And then the true goal comes out: the Incubators intend to keep Madoka under their control.

Getting into some Quantum Theory here.  If they can't observe something, then they can't interfere with it.  But now that they have Madoka, who they had never been able to observe before, they can now control her.

All with the goal of instituting the system they had in place in the deleted universe.

God, these things are greedy.

Apparently it's the 'phase change' between hope and despair that lets them derive energy.

And Kyubey has grossly underestimated Homura's resolve once again.  If it means keeping the secret of Madoka safe from them, then she will allow herself to become a witch and then let Mami and Kyoko end her existence.

Kyubey pleads with Homura, trying to remind her that if she does this, the Law of Cycles will not be able to save her. It will mean her total oblivion.

But again, it's underestimating her resolve - the same resolve all humans find within them when those they love the most are threatened - the resolve that lets us trade our lives for those of the ones we love, and do so with a smile on our lips and tears in our eyes.

Just Shutup indeed.

Homura's curse upon herself takes form.  This is all too familiar for someone like me.  Failure.  Failure in everything.  Failure that demands total exclusion from life.

"Is that... a Witch?"
"Please try not to look scared.  Despite her appearance, she's the most hurt."

Kyubey again.  Trying to salvage the situation by convincing them not to fight Homura.

But it turns out the girls had this planned out from the get go.  That Sayaka, Bebe, and Madoka would sneak in, with Bebe and Sayaka witholding Madoka's memories just long enough to save Homura and stop the Incubators.

Kyoko and Sayaka have a moment together.  Kyoko knows that Sayaka died and that this is little more than a dream that she'll wake up from.  But Sayaka reveals that despite thinking she'd have no regrets when she died, she found that in truth, she did have one: Leaving Kyoko behind.

Snrk.  Bebe, you're a sweet and goofy little thing.  "All I wanted to do was eat cheese one more time!"
"Hoi! Don't ruin the mood!"

And the Isolation Field is broken!

With the Inubators no longer able to interfere, the people who were invited in - Madoka's family, Hitomi and Kyosuke, and Saotome-sensei - are all safe.

And as Madoka, Sayaka, and Bebe all come to take Homura home with them, Homura enacts her long-awaited rebelion.  Her soul gem is overtaken by an all-consuming love for Madoka.

Because of the nature of her original wish, it was preserved despite the erasure of the last universe.  And in order to protect Madoka now, that wish grants her power equal to Madoka's.

And now, with yet another Goddess born into the Universe, it's laws are rewritten once again.

Homura devours Madoka's threads of fate and crowns herself as the Demon of all Puella Magi.

And in order to manage the curses that have been spread far and wide, she enslaves the Incubators in order to do her bidding.

Everyone who was there has been pulled into this bit of time and space that Homura has severed from The Law of Cycles.  The memories slip away from them by Homura's will.  Once again, she has created a false world.  One they could be happy in.

Perhaps it is not so terrible.  Sayaka is able to see friends she had been parted from before.  She will be able to lead a normal life - even though she still has her soul gem.

In this new timeline, it is Madoka who is the transfer student.

Kyoko is there.  So is Homura.  She boredly ignores what is happening in front of her.

Homura shows Madoka around, rigidly monotone and cold towards her.  But then, Madoka realizes that something is strange.  She begins to realize she's not who she's supposed to be, and almost rejoins her God-self.

Homura stops her.

She then asks if Madoka considers stability and order more important than desire.

Madoka half-heartedly says yes.

"Then I suppose someday, you will become my enemy as well.  But I don't care.  Because even then, I will continue to wish for a world you can be happy in."

And so, the long and tragic tale come to a close.  In a world of illusion, people live happily.  The Incubators have finally gotten the justice they deserve.

And Homura dances like a devil in the dark.

The End

Messages In This Thread
RE: [RFC][Info] BA's Stream of Conscious Notes for PMMM Movies - by Black Aeronaut - 04-11-2019, 10:27 PM