Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Julian Assange arrested
Julian Assange arrested
https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/11/uk/julian...index.html

Julian Assange arrested by London Police.
RE: Julian Assange arrested
The Register goes into more detail, including providing some much-needed context that CNN failed to provide.

So.

Well, Assange kept complaining that he never had his day in court. Now he's finally getting his day in court.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
I find it amusing that one of the factors that played into the Ecuadorian Embassy evicting him is that he can't even maintain general cleanliness.
I kinda wish I had known about his personal habits when I wrote my fanfic about him and Azumanga Daioh.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
Can't know everything about someone until you live with them, and even then you might not. That is why it is considered a public persona
Wolf wins every fight but the one where he dies, fangs locked around the throat of his opponent. 
Currently writing BROBd

Breaking news, 8 minutes old as I post this (and I haven't read it yet).

Reuters: Sweden says it is dropping Assange rape investigation
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
Which, for those who didn't read it, leaves him still wanted by the United States and now the Brits don't have to decide which extradition order gets priority.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
Just another time that women's issues are ignored when there's a important man involved.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto