Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Youtube Video Embeds Not Working Properly
Youtube Video Embeds Not Working Properly
The videos will embed...  But they won't play for me afterwards.  Is this limited to me or is anyone else having this problem?
RE: Youtube Video Embeds Not Working Properly
I'll have to check my end when I get home -- YouTube is currently being blocked here at my work. But the last time I ran a video in the forums, which was last night, I had no problems.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
Hang on, lemme try something here....

Video about Empathy...

But the other stuff I've posted had to do with music, sooo....

Here's what works...

And here's what doesn't work...

Okay.  I think I see the pattern here.  Videos with music from the North American region are being blocked from embedding.  But I'm using Chrome...  Lemme see what Firefox does...
Yeah, it works in Firefox. I haven't messed with the browser ID, so I know that it's not JUST a region setting, but something that's Native to Chrome.

That's it. I'm done with Chrome now.
I will confirm now that I'm home that all of these videos are visible to me, and I use Seamonkey (a fork of Firefox).
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
Would anyone be willing to attempt with Chrome to verify? My results were pretty consistent - embeds of North American music is blocked, but any music from Europe, Australia, Japan, etc. comes through fine.
all of the videos I watched today worked fine in my chrome browser... even these here
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to rock the sky?
Thats' every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry!
NO QUARTER!

No Quarter by Echo's Children
.... Well, whatever. Chrome's been acting up on me anyhow, so away it goes.