Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stuff I found clearing out my room....
RE: Stuff I found clearing out my room....
(04-24-2019, 12:05 AM)classicdrogn Wrote: ... I'm not really sure about that. My father is a hoarder, and I have to be a pushy arse just to keep walkways mostly clear. (I live with him because he's getting on and can't really carry firewood etc., and even has trouble with groceries and laundry.) I hate having to be the no-fun guy, but it's that or have the place become utterly impassable... but the only way I can really say I'm better about it is that I mostly collect software and files, rather than physical objects. I used to collect Transformers toys and still have a couple dozen, but most of that was lost in a fire and I'm still too heartbroken over it to go back to browsing toy aisles even if I had the money for it, which I usually don't.

My parents' house is pretty much to the point that there are only walkways through much of it. Granted, stuff isn't literally piled to the ceiling, but it's clear they have about six-seven times of what that house should have in it. It isn't helped by the fact that their house is actually much worse in terms of storage options than ours is.
"You know how parents tell you everything's going to fine, but you know they're lying to make you feel better? Everything's going to be fine." - The Doctor

Messages In This Thread
Stuff I found clearing out my room.... - by Dartz - 04-22-2019, 12:42 PM
RE: Stuff I found clearing out my room.... - by LynnInDenver - 04-24-2019, 07:58 PM