Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC][WIP] Callahan's
RE: [OOC][WIP] Callahan's
This looks great, Rob.  I've honestly got to get back into reading the books so I can get into the groove for writing up proper scenes.  Ben is probably going to be a regular there.

Fun thought: some of his girls follow him there, with it being just across the street and all, curious about what all the fuss is about.  Not that they won't be unwelcome, but I'd bet it'd cause quite the reaction at first.

Other interesting ideas: Benjamin cements his place at Callahan's by properly mending the door... though he makes certain that the scars are still plainly visible, the door now hangs true.

Now, I know the folks at Callahan's don't care much for 'canned music'...

...I feel, however, there would be something to be said about having a meticulously and lovingly restored genuine Wurlitzer 850A "Tulip" Phonograph Jukebox.  Not as ostentatious as it's brother, The Peacock, The Tulip instead has a lovely painted-glass tulip mural on the front panel with a bubbler-tube for the stem - something that I think would match the aesthetics of Callahan's perfectly.  (I especially love the old fashioned coin-sliders.)

What would make it special would be that it was a symbol of Benjamin and his stepfather burying the hatchet, as it would be a restoration project the two of them would work together on - Ben's stepfather being a proficient woodworker, carpenter, and electronics technician, and Benjamin being adept at learning anything he puts his hands to.

In setting, this would probably imbue the machine with its very own sort of healing magic for the emotionally battered - it won't take away the wounds, but it would balm and dress them so a person can heal in the first place.  Also, the machine will somehow, magically, always have the perfect song in its catalog for whoever goes to the machine.

This would all be Season 2 stuff, though fixing the door could be something Benjamin does towards the end of Season 1.

Thoughts?

Messages In This Thread
[OOC][WIP] Callahan's - by robkelk - 04-23-2019, 06:33 PM
RE: [OOC][WIP] Callahan's - by Black Aeronaut - 04-23-2019, 07:57 PM
RE: [OOC][WIP] Callahan's - by robkelk - 04-24-2019, 06:15 PM
RE: [OOC][WIP] Callahan's - by Labster - 04-25-2019, 12:45 AM
RE: [OOC][WIP] Callahan's - by Black Aeronaut - 04-25-2019, 10:34 AM
RE: [OOC][WIP] Callahan's - by robkelk - 04-25-2019, 07:39 PM
RE: [OOC][WIP] Callahan's - by Black Aeronaut - 04-25-2019, 11:21 PM
RE: [OOC][WIP] Callahan's - by Rajvik - 04-26-2019, 09:17 PM
RE: [OOC][WIP] Callahan's - by Labster - 04-27-2019, 12:37 AM