Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[IC][Arc 1][Spamfic] An apple to keep the doctor nearby
[IC][Arc 1][Spamfic] An apple to keep the doctor nearby
I know I said I'd let everyone else catch up... but BA said it's too quiet in here. And this doesn't really affect the overall plot.

No date stamp yet. Think of this as a coda for Arc 1, before things get hairy in Arc 2.

Ottawa, ON, Canada
Date TBD

"It's the smallest one she had."

Rob looked at the apple on the table - a whole golden apple, sitting beside a glass of water. "Not that I don't appreciate what you gave up to get this, but... why?"

Ami sighed. "I'm being selfish. You're the only man I want to live the rest of my life with."

"No, I meant 'why did you use your divine wish for this?'"

"That's the question that I answered."

Rob thought for a moment. "But I already have a lifespan that's longer than anyone else's, other that Hyoga, the Juraians, or... Oh. Or you and the other Senshi, who expect to outlive Hyoga and me. But if I do this, I'll end up outliving Hyoga and Mii."

"I know. And I feel so sorry for them, but if new people keep getting displaced here, we'll probably find another way to extend everybody's lives. But I want this for you, now. And I already know you asked Washuu-chan not to make you look any younger than you are."

Rob's eyes narrowed. "That's supposed to be covered under doctor-patient confidentiality."

"I didn't ask her. I've been looking at you for months, and you aren't getting any younger."

"Oh. Of course. I'm not used to being the least intelligent one in the relationship."

Ami stepped forward and hugged Rob. Looking up at him, she replied, "You are not stupid. You know things that I don't. Your approach to problem solving isn't the same as mine. Don't get hung up on a test score. You're smart."

"Smart enough to fall in love with you."

She smiled. "And I love you too. But I want you to look like you're close to my age. Will you do this? For me and my selfishness?"

He kissed her on the forehead, then stepped back. "All right."

He picked up the apple... and he ate it.

Rob felt his few remaining aches vanish, and noticed his vision sharpening. Looking in the mirror, he saw the gray in his hair turn back to brown. For a moment, he wondered how far the effects would go... then he saw that his looks had stabilized. He still had a bit too much weight around the waist, but not as much as before, and his skin wasn't pockmarked with acne. Worried for a moment, he mentally reached out to the glass of water that had been beside the apple, and relaxed when he had no trouble lifting the water out of the glass.

"I think I'm in my mid-20s. We have to remember to thank Idunn, somehow. How do I look?"

"Yummy!"

"'Yummy'? Are you sure you aren't Minako-san?"

Ami grinned. "You should be able to tell the two of us apart by now."

"Yeah. She's got the magazine-cover-girl looks. You're the gorgeous one."

Ami's grin changed to a smile. "Flatterer."

"Maybe, but I'm not lying. Of all of my fiancees, you are the most beautiful. And the smartest."

"Minako isn't your fiancee."

"You're right. Of all the Senshi, you're definitely in the top two."

"Oh? Who do I lose out to?"

"Nobody. You tie with... Oh, but I shouldn't say."

"Are you keeping secrets from me?"

Rob smiled. "I'm letting you figure it out for yourself. I think you already have enough clues."
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
RE: [IC][Arc 1][Spamfic] An apple to keep the doctor nearby
Quote: "'Yummy'? Are you sure you aren't Minkao-san?"
Minkao-san makes another appearance.  I don't think your left hand knows what your right hand is typing.

Quote:a whole golden apple
the most beautiful
I feel like there's a hidden message here.

Quote:Or you and the other Senshi, who expect to outlive Hyoga and me.
I think can outlive, and expect to outlive are two different things.  Ami has already died once in the past few years, remember.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
RE: [IC][Arc 1][Spamfic] An apple to keep the doctor nearby
(04-26-2019, 08:45 PM)Labster Wrote:
Quote: "'Yummy'? Are you sure you aren't Minkao-san?"
Minkao-san makes another appearance.  I don't think your left hand knows what your right hand is typing.

(quickly edits page) I have no idea what you're talking about. Smile

Quote:a whole golden apple
the most beautiful
I feel like there's a hidden message here.

No Discord here, sorry.

Quote:Or you and the other Senshi, who expect to outlive Hyoga and me.
I think can outlive, and expect to outlive are two different things.  Ami has already died once in the past few years, remember.

True. And there's a chance that she'll die again. But, as long as Usagi doesn't die, that's merely an annoyance.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown