Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did I miss seeing it, or...
Did I miss seeing it, or...
...did chapter 2 not get posted to rec.arts.anime.creative?
(It doesn't appear to be in the RAAC archive for Drunkard's Walk, either, which is why I'm wondering whether it hasn't been posted to the newsgroup yet.)
-Rob Kelk
Edit: ezBoard insists on putting "http://" in front of embedded links, so the link above, to an FTP, site doesn't work. (Stupid ezBoard...) Here's the URL, to cut&paste until they fix their problem:
ftp://ftp.gweep.ca/pub/anime/anime-fan- ... ards-Walk/
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Re: Did I miss seeing it, or...
I knew I forgot to do something...

-- Bob
---------
It's a "magical" land. I think "magical" is ancient Greek for "pain in the butt". -- Bun-Bun, Sluggy Freelance, 11/9/03
Don't worry - it's there now...
-Rob Kelk
--
Rob Kelk

Took long enough. I sent it off at least a week ago if not more.
(A few minutes later...) Hm. Google Groups has only part one, not both parts. Rob, can you see part II on your feed?

-- Bob
---------
It's a "magical" land. I think "magical" is ancient Greek for "pain in the butt". -- Bun-Bun, Sluggy Freelance, 11/9/03
Say it brother
A week?! Outrageous! Shame! Shame! Shame!
Best Wishes,
Shayne
(Ps. I sent you Crossroads a week ago.)
I don't use emoticons, so you will have to picture a wide grin, with a more-than-slight undertone of malicous glee. Or picture Colonel Byrd. Same difference.
Quote:
Hm. Google Groups has only part one, not both parts. Rob, can you see part II on your feed?
I was just about to mention I only see the first half of the chapter.
Jeanne Hedge would know better than anyone else whether both halves were received by the moderation team, since she's pretty much it right now... Jeanne, are you reading this?
(If not, her e-mail is jhedge at rcn dot com, according to her recent posts in the newsgroups.)
-Rob Kelk
--
Rob Kelk

I have emailed Jeanne. When I hear anything back, and if it's at all useful, I'll post it here.

-- Bob
---------
Jeanne's reply came -- she never saw part 2. She's kicked the moderation pipe, in case it's stuck there, but has suggested I resend it.

-- Bob
---------
Re: Say it brother
Quote:
A week?! Outrageous! Shame! Shame! Shame!
RAAC moderators do have lives, you know. Especially when you're the only one doing any of the fic moderating, processing, archiving, and sending on to newsgroups. AND you're having major computer trouble that's kept you from doing anything for over a week. (I've got 2 fics in the queue now to handle, but can't until I get my computer straightened out - which could be today, tomorrow, or next year)
And if you think a week is bad, you should return to the bad-old-days when Zoner was running things and it sometimes took months for his crew to kick things loose. That sort of thing led to the change in management (Brian Edmonds took over).
Jeanne

www.jhedge.com
[Image: purdue.gif]

[Image: 6bf36ddc1d2c96930d75576c361a9b3f8152885f.gif]Jeanne Hedge
www.jhedge.com

"Believe me, if I have to go the rest of my life without companionship, knowing myself won't be a problem."
-- Gabrielle of Potadeia
Re: Say it brother
Actually, Jeanne, he was teasing me because I was behind on something he sent me to distribute to other people. (Which I have, btw, Shayne, but so far only Kat has gotten back to me -- with a big thumbs up.)
I'll give the RAAC modpipe a few more days, and then if I don't see any sign of anything, I'll resend part 2.

-- Bob
---------
Sorry Jeanne
Sorry about the misunderstanding Jeanne -I was razzing Bob.
Thanks for the update. I am currently doing a short, short story for IST Christmas 2005 (I will try and re-post Santa Claws which I think vanished in the crash)
Shayne
Re: Sorry Jeanne
Bob wrote:
Quote:
Actually, Jeanne, he was teasing me
Rev Dark wrote:
Quote:
Sorry about the misunderstanding Jeanne -I was razzing Bob
No, *I'm* sorry guys. Too sensitive these days.
Bob wrote:
Quote:
I'll give the RAAC modpipe a few more days
Go ahead with it any time you like, Bob. I don't think it's going to appear, not after this long. OTOH, my computer problems are being resolved, so I hope to have the backlog cleared by the weekend (or by the end of the weekend at the latest)
Jeanne

www.jhedge.com
[Image: purdue.gif]

[Image: 6bf36ddc1d2c96930d75576c361a9b3f8152885f.gif]Jeanne Hedge
www.jhedge.com

"Believe me, if I have to go the rest of my life without companionship, knowing myself won't be a problem."
-- Gabrielle of Potadeia