Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blue-sky thinking: Why not split the USA?
RE: Blue-sky thinking: Why not split the USA?
(05-14-2019, 12:56 PM)BlackĀ Aeronaut Wrote: Meanwhile urban liberals would like it if the rural conservatives would quit trying to tell women what they can and can't do with their reproductive systems, respect the choices of people that live alternative lifestyles or are otherwise LGBTQ, and quit letting corporations lead the rest of us around by the noses with blatantly empty promises of "You can have all this too if you just let us take away everything you hold dear!"

You mean the ones that seem to think that those alternative lifestyle choices are actively harmful to society in general, rather than the liberal idea that the harm part is actually coming from the way we're treated because of those choices, including the assumption that it's enough of a choice we can choose to be like everyone else. (Actually, it probably does do harm... to their idea that only the White Rich Cis Straight Male can be at the very top, and everyone else had better be subservient. Oh, and that being gay is concealable enough, that they really hate it immensely because they might not be able to discriminate against it as "easily" as any other factor.)

Do note that I spent 40+ years trying to do the "choose to be like everyone else", and while I haven't been actively suicidal, it makes it a LOT harder to do things like making healthy diet choices, given the way that maintaining the pretense takes much more mental energy than they will ever know.

Regarding the corporate thing, I've gotten to the point that I'm starting to resent the social media companies, in part because they've shown that their "break it fast" business model is more important than doing their part to maintain a sane society.
"You know how parents tell you everything's going to fine, but you know they're lying to make you feel better? Everything's going to be fine." - The Doctor

Messages In This Thread
RE: Blue-sky thinking: Why not split the USA? - by LynnInDenver - 05-14-2019, 06:51 PM