Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Elite Dangerous - Distant Worlds 2
Elite Dangerous - Distant Worlds 2
So - what's been taking up a lot of my time for the last 6 months - and why I'm leveling rather slowly on the new server? 

Well - recently I've had some health issues. Mostly a stomach flu followed by a one-off day of unrelated food poisoning about a week later. Ugh. 

But MOSTLY it's been that I've been part of a fleet of 10,000+ Commanders in Elite Dangerous. Participating in mining for materials to set up a Starport at the heart of the Galaxy. Being part of the Hull Seals sub-group that helps repair CMDRs who have banged up their ships. And exploring and cataloging new Points of Interest along the way. 

On that last note - I've had two Stellar points of interest approved and added to the map at EDSM

One was named "Born to the Purple" which is a reference to an episode of Babylon 5. But also quite descriptive of the system as a whole. It has a B-Class Star that radiates light on the Violet to Ultraviolet end of the spectrum and - along with some purple colored protostars that help reinforce the color - tinges the entire system in a striking purple light. The Gas Giant is particularly gorgeous. 

[Image: gUsgqx5l.png][Image: rYtC8cUl.png]

(That is of course, my ship. The Azhanti High Lightning, configured for long range exploration as well as carrying supplies and drones for repair and even re-fueling of other ships in distress. Though I'm not officially part of the Fuel Rats group.) 

The other approved addition to the Galactic Map is "The Gates of Tartarus" 

[Image: gates_of_tartarus.jpg]

And they used my flavor text verbatim: 
The Gates of Tartarus - Two Neutron Stars - Stellar remnants - frame an S-Type Giant - a star in it's dying stage of life. Two spirits call to their brother to pass the threshold and join them in the land of the dead. Beyond lies the Phoenix nebula - the symbol of rebirth.

I'm on the last leg of the outbound journey headed for Beagle Point. One of the farthest systems possible to reach and 64,000+ Light years from Sol on the far side of the Galactic Center. 

It's been a hell of a trip. And it'll be a long LONG way back.

Messages In This Thread
Elite Dangerous - Distant Worlds 2 - by Logan Darklighter - 05-22-2019, 05:42 PM