Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Still think climate change is a hoax?
RE: Still think climate change is a hoax?
(07-26-2019, 04:27 AM)hazard Wrote: Something to be understood is that the Netherlands have not really been thinking about what it means that the global average temperature is rising.

That's not to say there hasn't been some thought on it, but there has been little practical thought put into it, especially when it comes to adjusting to the fact that this also means that temperatures in the Netherlands will be higher during the summer.

Because of this, modern day construction is extremely well isolated with high energy retention, which is useful during the average dreary, chilly winter as it saves on heating costs (we don't get long periods below zero day temperatures anymore it seems). Less so during the summer, as I've been noticing for years, because modern day residential construction does not have integrated air conditioning systems even though that means that if I didn't pull some shenanigans it'd be 30+ degrees C in my home right now, and it'd also be so tonight. And tomorrow, and tomorrow night and quite likely until Wednesday evening at the earliest, because heat is retained so well.

And that's even though by Monday temperatures are expected to drop to the high 20's during daytime.

I know people around here that are confused by the European 'record highs'. One of my coworkers is British and was able to explain a lot of reasons it's so bad over there, as opposed to somewhere like here in Australia, which has different requirements for everyday living. Imagining our summers without air conditioning as standard, or stores being able to handle it, roads, traffic, guh.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Still think climate change is a hoax? - by Matrix Dragon - 07-26-2019, 05:35 AM