Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Still think climate change is a hoax?
RE: Still think climate change is a hoax?
It's a phone call I've had to answer before - "Help, my heating is running away, my house is saying it's 28 degrees inside"...

No, that's the sun. Your heating switches off automatically at 20.

It's actually become a real problem - even under normal conditions houses are incredibly warm to the point where some form of comfort-cooling might be required. There is often a central ventilation system to get to the airtightness required but warm air/cool air systems don't really exist. As a matter of fact, the building regs are written in a way that forces you down a very specific design path that is not always the right thing. But cooling also takes energy - and while it is possible to do some work with heat-driven absorbtion chillers, the real reason cooling is hideously expensive is the humidity. Once you get the air to 100% relative humidity you have to pull enough heat out of it to start condensing all that water and that takes a lot more energy than simple cooling.

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Still think climate change is a hoax? - by Dartz - 07-26-2019, 01:16 PM