Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RWBY Volume Seven
RWBY Volume Seven
And with the sneak peak at Team RWBY's new outfits in the Volume Six thread, it's time to start the V7 thread, with the formal announcement of the premiere date.  (This has been out for a week or two now, so I'm surprised it's not been posted here yet.)  Episode one of volume seven will drop on November 2.

Oh, and here's the volume poster, thanks to Entertainment Weekly:

-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
RE: RWBY Volume Seven
Blakes new haircut... Yang's gonna walk into a wall when she sees that Smile

these next 2 are actually on the old side but amusing

the 'alternate takes' of the Team JNPR dance

And a fan's take of the original and the alternates, each set to a different song

EDIT:
And finally, the official trailer for Volume 7:

-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
Qrow, you just had to say something, didn't you.
Wolf wins every fight but the one where he dies, fangs locked around the throat of his opponent. 
Currently writing BROBd

Episode one is up for FIRST members. I also advise against watching the intro until after viewing this ep, because it contains SPOILERS (The ep itself has the intro at the end, as is usual for RWBY volume openers).
I finally signed up for FIRST because hey, I can afford it I guess.  It's a little weird that in order to pay the terms of service say you have to make you real name public, but whatever.

Okay, that is a spoiler, but really, only if you haven't been paying attention or are ignorant of the relevant tropes.  It's really entirely predictable, the most likely way of handling it.  Still worth avoiding the intro to get max feels though.

On the other hand, can I say something about railroading GMs here?  I mean, all eight of them failed their saves, seriously?
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
(11-03-2019, 05:17 AM)Labster Wrote: Okay, that is a spoiler, but really, only if you haven't been paying attention or are ignorant of the relevant tropes.  It's really entirely predictable, the most likely way of handling it.  Still worth avoiding the intro to get max feels though.

Quote:On the other hand, can I say something about railroading GMs here?  I mean, all eight of them failed their saves, seriously?

OK, Episode 2 is out for FIRST, which means Episode 1 is available for everyone else: https://roosterteeth.com/watch/rwby-volume-7-1

My only comment as for now is that it definitely seems like GM railroading in retrospect as well.  I have this big session with all this exposition all set up and you're going where?  Okay.  Let me look at my notes... *grumbles about players* ... okay, I guess technically Maria would know someone in Atlas but... is that a 20?  Okay...  I have no idea what to do so let's throw out a random encounter...  (Oh, I know!)  Now everyone make a Reflex Save, DC 35.  What? It's Atlas overtechnology, 35.  Aw, you all failed >:) >:) >:)
https://roosterteeth.com/watch/rwby-volume-7-2

Did someone slip a pair of yaoi goggles on me or are we starting to see some Qrow ships taking shape?
(11-17-2019, 07:54 PM)Labster Wrote: https://roosterteeth.com/watch/rwby-volume-7-2

Did someone slip a pair of yaoi goggles on me or are we starting to see some Qrow ships taking shape?

I think James just REALLY needed to see a friend outside his chain of command. I loved that scene.

No, the Yaoi goggles come with ep 3... along with possibly the most adorable Bumblebee moment yet.
If you haven't been getting the comic, you're missing out. It's set during the 3-4 timeskip, with flashbacks to even earlier, with the sorts of little slice of life moments the show doesn't have time to include. Each digital issue is a dollar on Comixology, and it's great. This week, Yang thinks back to a misadventure with Blake. It's cute, sweet, and has property destruction!
https://roosterteeth.com/watch/rwby-volume-7-5

Oh hey, let's have a training montage!  With Jaune being a crossing guard for kiddies.  And a Winter Maiden doing, well, more than the first Fall Maiden we saw.  Plus Bumblebee is even more confirmed, as if we needed more proof at this point.

Honestly, episode 4 has more spoilerables, so I'll let Penny subtly deliver the news:

Important notes.

Jacques: Utter jackass.
Nora's Hammer: Now has a Flight Mode.
All the mothers: Thirsty for Jaune.
Marrow: Wonderful, playing the fool, gets no respect from Ace Ops.
Jacques: Piece of shit.
Team RWBY: Family.
Penny: Needed her friends to come to Atlas, now has things a bit better for her.
Qrow: Not drinking, better VA.
Robyn: Awesome.
Ironwood: Means well, fucking up on an epic scale.
Winter: Means well, going to make some bad choices.
FNKI: Back!
Tyrian: Jump Scares!
Jacques: Going to give himself a very bad end.
I forgot to mention one detail: My new puppy, a wire fox terrier named Fiona, definitely thinks Nora is the best character. Excited and makes funny faces!
Quote:Jacques: Utter jacques-ass
FTFY
-- Bob

Oh hey, Jaune finally got a movie date with Weiss! (and Oscar) And it got zero screen time. Sad

Instead we get election scenes, which put me really on edge. I think elections make me nervous just because I spend so much time in politics. There'll be time enough for countin', when the votin's done.
https://roosterteeth.com/watch/rwby-volume-7-7

Oh, cool group photo.  Hey, you got your thumb over that tall guy's face... watts up with that?
*Screams*

The second half of this ep has so many feels. Team JNR demonstrate their skill in properly applied chaos. And then there's that cliffhanger...

Also, next week will not have an ep airing, but they have said there will be 'something
Yes, it is much with the feels. I never thought the Beacon food fight would be foreshadowing.

I don't know what you're talking about with the cliffhanger. "It's snowing!" Looks like it's going to be a White Christmas in Mantle.

Some long term predictions:
End of this season: what goes up must come down, combined with the bigger they are, the harder they fall.
Several seasons out: Are Team RWBY going to end up as the four maidens? They have family ties to two of them, another one has a mother named Summer. Cinder is the tricky one.
I'm still cackling at todays episode so much.
...and I'm finally caught up. Between Peggy and Helen being sick at different times, and the holiday stuff, we hadn't gotten together until last night to watch any episodes since the end of November. Catching them in a single block I think made it all hang together very well, too... And yeah, as soon as we saw Polendina had his finger over that one guy's face, we knew who it was. Polendina's revelation on Penny's "something extra" reminded me of a novel I read long ago about a robot who discovered he had a soul where other robots didn't, and what he learned at the end of the book about it from his creators. (I wish I could remember the title and author; I thought it might have been John Sladek's Roderick, but a quick look-up leads me to think it was a different work entirely.)

Edit: Oh, and is it just me, or has Cristina Vee's performance as Robyn Hill changed since the beginning of the volume? In the last episode or two it sounded like she was speaking in a slightly higher register (closer to what I think is her "normal" voice) than she had in her earliest appearances.
-- Bob